UN Women policy brief series
The UN Women policy brief series synthesizes research findings, analysis and policy recommendations on key policy areas around gender equality and women’s rights in an accessible format. The series aims to bridge the research and policy divide by identifying issues that require urgent policy attention and propose a set of suitable measures to address them.
The series is a joint effort of UN Women’s Policy Division, coordinated by the Research and Data Section. To ensure the quality and relevance of the content, each brief undergoes a rigorous internal and external peer review process.
These concise and relevant policy-oriented documents are useful resources for gender equality advocates, civil society and other policy actors working to achieve gender equality and women’s rights.
- Policy brief no. 1: Making national social protection floors work for women
- Policy brief no. 2: Gender equality, child development and job creation: How to reap the ‘triple dividend’ from early childhood education and care services
- Policy brief no. 3: Protecting women’s income security in old age: Toward gender-responsive pension systems
- Policy brief no. 4: Why macroeconomic policy matters for gender equality
- Policy brief no. 5: Redistributing unpaid care and sustaining quality care services: A prerequisite for gender equality
- Policy brief no. 6: Tackling the gender pay gap: From individual choices to institutional change
- Policy brief no. 7: Making social protection gender-responsive: Lessons from UN Women's work in the Eastern Caribbean
- Policy brief no. 8: Why and how constitutions matter for advancing gender equality: Gains, gaps and policy implications
- Policy brief no. 9: Long-term care for older people: A new global gender priority
- Policy brief no. 10: Towards inclusive cities for all: How to protect the rights of women in informal self-employment
Series: UN Women policy brief series
UN Women office involved in publication: UN Women Headquarters
Publication year: 2015
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)