She Innovates Global Programme
The aim of the She Innovates Global Programme is to support women in innovation by providing access to development tools, programmes, and resources. The aim is to connect women innovators worldwide and provide support for the development of innovations that meet the needs of women and girls.
- She Innovates app. The app and platform will connect women innovators, share their stories, and provide access to development programmes.
- She Innovates global events and meet-ups. This will include women’s networks, universities and partners globally. This also includes key innovation conferences and events.
- She Innovates Award. Women-led solutions that apply for any of Solve’s four challenges are eligible for the prize. Solutions that advance the needs of women and girls that apply for any of Solve’s four challenges are eligible for the prize. Each selected solver team will receive grant funding of $25,000 or more. Any GICC member can support this initiative.
- She Innovates labs. The aim is to connect private sector expertise with local women innovators to provide women with the support, expertise, and collaboration needed to scale their innovations. Companies get access to talented women innovators, while innovators get a chance to test their ideas and collaborate on solutions. Labs are generally one-day events and are created in partnership with UN Women’s Innovation Unit. First lab is piloted in New York City, then San Francisco and South Africa.
- She Innovates Canadian chapter pilot. UN Women will pilot a She Innovates local chapter in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to understand how a regional chapter can help a particular region overcome the barriers women and girls face. Through a global network of women innovators, this programme will scale the She Innovates movement by supporting women to meet up and collaborate to overcome the barriers women and girls face in their local communities.