Businesses and Foundations
UN Women offers businesses and foundations a unique opportunity to align with the world’s leading organization dedicated to achieving gender equality and the empowerment of women. We are strongly committed to working with the private sector on common agendas leveraging collective strengths. Our multi-faceted partnerships are integrated into public affairs, philanthropic, marketing and communications strategies.
Ways to partner with UN Women
Our Private Sector Relations team assists businesses and foundations in identifying the best partnership structures to achieve corporate goals that align with UN Women’s objectives. Partnerships cover a range of activities, including:
- Strategic philanthropy: investing in multi-year grants and contributions that back UN Women’s core programmes, or regional and national programmes;
- Cause-related programmes that raise funds, help build brand awareness and enhance consumer engagement;
- Involvement of employees through giving and matching gift programmes, skilled volunteering and increased scope for staff development;
- Events and sponsorship;
- Promotion of corporate responsibility through the Women’s Empowerment Principles; and
- Sharing of expertise and provision of in-kind support, such as technical knowledge and communications channels.
Global Business and Philanthropy Leaders’ Forum 2017 for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
On 21 September 2017, business and philanthropy leaders will come together to collaborate and announce support towards UN Women’s work and to close the financing gap for gender equality that stands in the way of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Read more»
To discuss how your organization can partner with UN Women, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org