UNIFEM Resources on Women, Peace and Security
UNIFEM (part of UN Women) has long been a partner to women in conflict-affected areas: bringing women together across geographic or political lines to agree on common positions in peace negotiations or post-conflict elections; supporting their engagement with security and justice institutions to stop impunity for violence against women; facilitating their inclusion in post-conflict planning processes to ensure their needs are addressed; and strengthening their engagement with peacekeeping forces to encourage creative responses to the considerable security threats women face.
This collection of UNIFEM papers brings together a considerable body of analytical and advocacy work undertaken over the last five years, grounded in programming that has helped advance the women, peace and security agenda in policy and practice.
The collection includes papers on gender issues in early warning, peace processes, peacekeeping, post-conflict planning and financing, and transitional justice. Together, the papers in this collection describe a range of ongoing efforts to strengthen the UN's capacities to promote peace and prevent violence.
- Guidance Note: Identifying Women's Peace and Security Priorities: Building Voice and Influence
- Policy Briefing Paper: Gender and Conflict Analysis
- Women Building Peace and Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict-Affected Contexts
- Conflict-Related Sexual Violence and Peace Negotiations: Implementing Security Council Resolution 1820 (2008)
- Women's Participation in Peace Negotiations: Connections between Presence and Influence
- What Women Want: Planning and Financing for Gender-Responsive Peacebuilding
- Women Targeted or Affected by Armed Conflict: What Role for Military Peacekeepers?
- Addressing Conflict-Related Sexual Violence: An Analytical Inventory of Peacekeeping Practice
- Gender-Sensitive Police Reform in Post-Conflict Societies
- Case Studies of Gender-Sensitive Police Reform in Rwanda and Timor-Leste
- A Window of Opportunity? Making Transitional Justice Work for Women
- Gender and Transitional Justice Programming: A Review of Peru, Sierra Leone and Rwanda
- Poster: UN Security Council Resolutions on Women, Peace and Security
Ordenar versión impresa
Precio unidad: Free of charge
Tarifa de envío: If any, to be determined by office filling the order
Idiomas disponibles: English
Tipo de recurso: Kits de recursos
Oficina de ONU Mujeres involucrada en la producción: Sede de ONU Mujeres
Año de publicación: 2010
Número de páginas: 349
Entidades responsables: Entidad de las Naciones Unidas para la Igualdad de Género y el Empoderamiento de las Mujeres