UN Women organized or co-sponsored events:
- Unpaid care work, poverty and human rights, organized by UN Women with OHCHR, UNRISD, ActionAID International, IDS, Oxfam, CWGL, 10 March, 4.45-6 p.m., Conference Room D (CB)
- IPU Annual Parliamentary Event "At the crossroads of sustainable development and gender equality: the role of parliaments" organized by IPU and UN Women, 11 March, (all day event), ECOSOC Chamber
- IPU-UN Women press conference to launch the Women in Politics Map 2014, 11 March, 11 a.m., Room S-0237, UN Secretariat, New York [Watch archived webcast]
- Accelerating progress on the MDGs for women and girls: High-level statement from Heads of UN Agencies, organized by UN Women along with UNESCO, UNFPA, UNDP, UNAIDS, UN-HABITAT, UNSD and OHCHR, 11 March, 1.15-2.30 p.m., Conference Room 1 (CB) [Watch archived webcast]
- Women's Empowerment Principles—Equality Means Business: A Multi-Stakeholder Dialogue on Implications for the Post-2015 Development Agenda, organized by UN Women with UN Global Compact, International Federation of Business and Professional Women, NGO CSW Forum 2014, 11 March, 1.15-2.45 p.m., Dag Hammarskjold Library Auditorium
- Linking HIV, Gender Equality, and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, as part of the Post-2015 social justice agenda, organized by UNAIDS, 11 March, 6.30-7.45 p.m., Conference Room 1 (CB) [Watch archived webcast]
- MDG Acceleration through Transformative Policing and Security, organized by UN Women, UN National Committee U.K. and International Association of Women Police, 12 March, 10.30 a.m., Guild Hall of the Armenian Convention Centre
- Indicators for monitoring gender equality: Lessons learned from the MDGs, organized by UN Women with UN Statistics Division, 12 March, 1.15-2.30 pm, NLB Conference Room 7. [Panellists’ presentations can be found here].
- Engaging Men and Boys to achieve the Millennium Development Goals for Women and Girls, organized by the Missions of Switzerland, Brazil, MenEngage, 12 March, 1.15-2.30 p.m., Dag Hammarskjold Library Auditorium
- Gender: the Aha moment - personal perspectives of engagement for gender equality. Organized by UN Women, 13 March, 1.15-2.30 p.m., Dag Hammarskjold Library Auditorium [Watch archived webcast]
- ICTs for women’s economic empowerment and poverty reduction, organized by UN Women with the Government of Canada, Microsoft, World Pulse, ITU and Nielsen, 14 March, 1.15-2.45 p.m., CR1 (CB) [Watch archived webcast]
- The Voices of African Women and Girls in the Post-2015 Development Agenda, organized by UN Women with ACORD and World YWCA, 17 March, 1.15-2.30 p.m., Dag Hammarskjold Library Auditorium [Watch archived webcast]
- New approaches to poverty eradication among women with disabilities – full access to financial services and products, organized by UN Women, Mission of Germany and DESA, 19 March, 1.15-2.45 p.m., NLB Conference Room 7.
[Full list of official side events: http://www.unwomen.org/en/csw/csw58-2014/side-events/calendar-of-side-events ; NGO-organized parallel events: http://www.ngocsw.org/ ]
UN Women senior officials will speak at the following events:
- Trafficking in human beings – a severe form of violence against women and girls and a flagrant violation of human rights, organized by Council of Europe and Mission of Austria, 10 March, 1.15-2.30 p.m., Conference Room-1 [Watch archived webcast]
- Women’s Human Rights Defenders, organized by Amnesty International, Mission of Norway, Nobel Women’s Initiative, ISHR, JASS-Mesoamerica, ICAN, 10 March, 1.15-2.30 p.m., Conference Room-7
- Girls’ education and gender equality on the threshold of 2015, organized by UNICEF, UN Girls’ Education Initiative, EFA GMR, Education International, 10 March, 1-3 p.m., UNICEF House
- Combating violence against women – Regional perspectives, organized by the Government of Poland, with the Missions of Japan and the United Kingdom, 10 March, 4.45-6 p.m., Conference Room C [Watch archived webcast]
- High-level Francophonie Consultations on Gender Equality and Women’s Economic Empowerment in the Francophonie: Building the post-2015 Development Agenda, organized by the International Organization of La Francophonie (IOF), 10 March 2014, 6.30- 7.45 p.m., Conference Room 1 [Watch archived webcast]
- Regional review of the MDGs Post-2015 and Beijing+20 North America/Europe, a NGO CSW NY side event co-sponsored by the Mission of Latvia, 10 March, 6.30-8 p.m., NLB, CR 2 [Watch archived webcast]
- Women and water: multipliers of development, organized by Mission of Switzerland, 11 March, 3-4.15 p.m., Venue: Conference Room C (CB)
- ICT and the Internet as powerful means in advancing women’s rights and empowerment: Possibilities and Challenges, co-organized by Missions of Estonia, Botswana and Mongolia, 12 March, 11.30 a.m. – 12.45 p.m., Dag Hammarskjöld Library Auditorium [Watch archived webcast]
- Promoting Gender Equality and Empowering Women and Girls through Education, organized by the Nordic Council of Ministers, 12 March, 11.30 a.m.-12.45 p.m.
- How the Sirleaf Market Women's Fund is Spearheading the Market Women's Movement Across Africa, organized by the Mission of Liberia and the Sirleaf Market Women's Fund, 12 March, 6.30-7.45 p.m., Dag Hammarskjöld Library Auditorium [Watch archived webcast]
- Greater inclusion of women in the professional workforce, organized by the Asia Society, 12 March, 7-8.30 p.m., Asia Society [Watch archived webcast]
- The Beijing Platform for Action and the global development agenda – from the Millennium Development Goals to the post-2015 development agenda, organized by Anglican Communion Office at the UN, 13 March, 10-11.30 a.m., Episcopal Church Centre
- Strategies to Eradicate VAW through increasing Poverty and Food Security Efforts, organized by Ilitha Labantu, 13 March, 12.30–2.30 p.m., Church Centre
- Meeting of the Equal Futures Partnership on linkages between gender-based violence and women’s economic and political participation, convened by the Missions of the United States and Denmark, 13 March, 12.30-2 p.m., U.S. Mission
- “Feminization of poverty in rural areas: innovative funds proposed by Spanish cooperation in order to meet the MDG and Post-2015 Agendas”, organized by the Mission of Spain, 13 March, 3-4.15 p.m. , Conference Room D
- Mobility as Access: Harnessing urban women’s potential through equitable transport”, UN-Habitat, 18 March, 6.30-7.45 p.m., Conference Room 2[Watch archived webcast]
- “South Sudan Front and Centre: Mobilizing for Peace after the Addis Ababa Cessation of Hostilities Agreement”, co-organized by the Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP), Cordaid, Peace is Loud, and United Methodist Women, 20 March, 1.15-2.45 p.m., Dag Hammarskjöld Library Auditorium.