Michelle Bachelet, Executive Director of UN Women, will travel to Strasbourg, France on 25 and 26 January to meet with officials of the Council of Europe and address the Parliamentary Assembly. In Strasbourg, Ms. Bachelet will hold meetings with the European Council Secretary General, Thorbjorn Jagland; Deputy Secretary General, Maud de Boer Buquicchio; and the new President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council, Jean Claude Mignon. Ms. Bachelet will address the Committee on Equality and Non-Discrimination about the role of UN Women in promoting women’s rights worldwide. She will then travel to Switzerland to attend the World Economic Forum in Davos.
On 26 January, Ms. Bachelet will provide a testimony to a joint debate of the Parliamentary Assembly on women’s rights, and the European Council Convention on Ending Violence against Women. The meeting comes days before the European Summit on 30 January in Brussels.
On 27 January, Ms. Bachelet will participate in the panel, “Women as the way forward” the first public meeting in Davos focused on women’s leadership. This session will be webcast live.
- Michelle Bachelet to Address Council of Europe and Attend World Economic Forum in Davos
- Michelle Bachelet Testimony at Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly
- Michelle Bachelet Remarks in Davos at Panel Discussion on Women as the Way Forward”
- World Economic Forum (official site)
- Photostream : Davos 2012 World Economic Forum Annual meeting
- Livestream from Davos