Conference Room 3, North Lawn Building, UN Headquarters, New York
In light of the 2013 General Assembly High-level Meeting on Disability and Development and the 57th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), the Permanent Mission of the Armenia to the United Nations and the Permanent Mission of Philippines to the United Nations, together with the Division for Social Policy and Development of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DSPD/DESA), UN Women, Women Enabled, Women’s UN Report Network and the U.S. Federation for Middle East Peace, in collaboration with the National Organization for Women Foundation (NOW Foundation), will organize a panel discussion on Preventing and Ending Violence against Women with Disabilities.
The panel is particularly timely in light of the report, focusing especially on violence against women with disabilities, of the Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women, its Causes and Consequences to the 67th session of the General Assembly.
Panelists will include:
- Moderator: Ms. Hope Lewis, Professor of Law & Chair, Global Law Committee, Northeastern University School of Law
- Ms. Rashida Manjoo, United Nations Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Ms. Stephanie Ortoleva, Esq., Founder and President of Women Enabled, Inc., International Human Rights Lawyer and Consultant
- Ms. Karine Grigoryan, Representative from Agate Center For Women With Special Needs in Armenia
- Ms. Lois A. Herman, Women’s UN Report Network (WUNRN)
- Ms. Salwa Kader, U.S. Federation for Middle East Peace
For inquiries related to this panel discussion, please contact Ms. Carol Pollack, DSPD/DESA, by email to: pollack[at]un.org, Phone: 1-917 367 5759.