Independent Evaluation Office news
Newsletters and other updates from UN Women’s Independent Evaluation Office.
TRANSFORM – The magazine for gender-responsive evaluation
Published by UN Women’s Independent Evaluation Office, TRANSFORM is the first magazine dedicated exclusively to gender-responsive evaluation. It aims to communicate good practices on gender-responsive evaluations, as well as evaluation findings on what works for gender equality.
- Issue 8: What can we learn from UN Women evaluations?
- Issue 7: The UN coordination mandate issue
- Issue 6: Gender-responsive evaluation: A call for action to leave no one behind
- Issue 5: Gender mainstreaming
- Issue 4: Meta-analysis
- Issue 3: Normative support work
- Issue 2: Women’s economic empowerment
- Issue 1: Gender-responsive evaluation systems and policies
- 2016: September | July | April
- 2015: December | September | July | March | February | January
- 2014: December | November | September | July | June | May
News from the field
Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office
Using evaluation to inform programming: ESARO evaluation knowledge products
A core part of UN Women Independent Evaluation Office work is to enhance evaluation use at UN Women and beyond through communication and knowledge management. On this basis, the Evaluation Unit of UN Women’s Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office developed a series of 10 evaluation knowledge management products based on evidence from 19 evaluations conducted in the region during the period 2009–2015. This series covers a variety of UN Women thematic areas, operating principles and organizational priorities. As it is crucial that UN Women programmes are evidence-based and build upon lessons learned from previous interventions, we encourage you to use this information in programming and to circulate it among your partners.
- Issue 1: Coordination, partnerships and planning in EVAW (ending violence against women) programmes
- Issue 2: Capacity development in EVAW programmes
- Issue 3: Culture of results in EVAW programmes
- Issue 4: Sustainable development in EVAW programmes
- Issue 5: Capacity development in governance and national planning programmes
- Issue 6: Capacity development in women’s economic empowerment programmes
- Issue 7: Sustainable development in women’s economic empowerment programmes
- Issue 8: Coordination and partnership in governance and national planning programmes
- What do we know from UN Women evaluations in Eastern and Southern Africa? A visual representation of the project and its main findings