- (English) European Union and UN Women to fund initiatives for gender equality in Chile - (English) The European Union and UN Women have signed an agreement establishing a joint fund to support projects from civil society organizations that promote gender equality in Chile. These projects will focus on three strategic areas: eliminating violence against women, women’s economic empowerment and promoting women’s political participation and leadership.
- (English) Domestic workers in the Southern Cone push for rights with ILO Convention on their side - (English) Uruguay was the first country to ratify International Labour Organization Convention 189 on domestic workers’ rights, adopted two years back on 16 June 2011, in Geneva. A Uruguayan union leader looks back on that achievement, its impact and what remains to be done.
- Des mères éclairent leurs foyers et leurs communautés en Tanzanie rurale - (English) On World Environment Day, a tribute to six mothers and grandmothers from three remote villages in southern Tanzania who are bringing renewable energy to their communities, serving as role models, and increasing women’s safety and voice in local development.
- (English) Lakshmi Puri’s remarks at TICAD V: « Women’s role in sustainable growth and development, peace and security in Africa » - (English) "Women’s role in sustainable growth and development, peace and security in Africa," Remarks by Lakshmi Puri, Acting Head of UN Women and Assistant Secretary-General of the UN, during the Fifth Tokyo International Conference on African Development, thematic session on “Driving Development through Gender Equality: Advancing Empowerment of Women” on 2 June, 2013, Tokyo, Japan.
- Article d’opinion : Un objectif mondial en faveur de l’égalité des sexes, des droits des femmes et de leur autonomisation - (English) In a new editorial article, Lakshmi Puri, UN Women Acting Head and Assistant Secretary-General of the UN, puts forth the organization’s call for a stand-alone goal to achieve gender equality, women’s rights and women’s empowerment in the post-2015 agenda, by focusing on three critical areas: safety, access and voice.
Événements à venir