Essential services package for women and girls subject to violence
Authors/editor(s): UN Women, UNFPA, WHO, UNDP and UNODC
The United Nations Joint Global Programme on Essential Services for Women and Girls Subject to Violence, a partnership by UN Women, UNFPA, WHO, UNDP and UNODC, aims to provide greater access to a coordinated set of essential and quality multi-sectoral services for all women and girls who have experienced gender based violence.
The Programme identifies the essential services to be provided by the health, social services, police and justice sectors as well as guidelines for the coordination of essential services and the governance of coordination processes and mechanisms. Service delivery guidelines for the core elements of each essential service have been identified to ensure the delivery of high-quality services, particularly for low- and middle-income countries, for women and girls experiencing violence. Taken together, these elements comprise the “Essential services package”.
The essential services package comprises five modules, with a sixth module, a companion “Implementation guide” intended to assist in the implementation of the package.
- Module 1: Overview and introduction (ar, es, fr, mk, ru, vn, zh)
- Module 2: Health essential services (ar, es, fr, mk, ru, vn, zh)
- Module 3: Justice and policing essential services (ar, es, fr, mk, ru, vn, zh)
- Module 4: Essential social services (ar, es, fr, mk, ru, vn, zh)
- Module 5: Essential actions for coordination and governance of coordination (ar, es, fr, mk, ru, vn, zh)
- Module 6: Implementation guide (ar, es, fr, mk, vn)
- Complete package (ar, es, fr, mk, ru, vn, zh)
UN Women office involved in publication: UN Women Headquarters
Publication year: 2015
Number of pages: 124
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women); World Health Organization (WHO); United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA); United Nations Development Programme (UNDP); United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)