Making Every Woman and Girl Count: 2017 annual report: Planning phase
The 2017 annual report of the flagship programme initiative, Making Every Woman and Girl Count (MEWGC), provides an overview of the key achievements during the reporting period, including a review of activities and progress in implementing the MEWGC programme at the global, regional, and national levels. It also contains an update on resource mobilization and advocacy, a review of challenges and lessons learned, and a brief overview of global-, regional-, and pathfinder country–level plans for the forthcoming year.
Some of the key achievements outlined in this report include:
- selection of 12 pathfinder countries;
- project development at global, regional, and national levels;
- successful completion of methodological work for Tier III indicators;
- initiation of the development of UN Women’s Gender Data Portal; and
- establishment of the Centre of Excellence on Gender Statistics in Mexico.