- Annual reports (4)
- Manuals/guides (4)
- Evaluation reports (3)
- Research papers (3)
- Resource kits (3)
- Case studies (3)
- Project/programme reports (2)
- Best practices (2)
- Newsletters/magazines (2)
- Assessments (2)
- Discussion papers (1)
- Show more Hide
This report tells UN Women’s story over the period 2019–2020. It shares how we and our many partners are striding forward to realize a better world for women and girls—one of equality and empowerment. Looking forward, we will draw on our full resources and experiences in protecting and advancing the rights of all women and girls. That is what we do and who we are, as a leader, mobilizer, convenor, provider of programmes, and partner for change. More
- Humanitarian action (24)
- Economic empowerment (11)
- Ending violence against women and girls (10)
- Crisis response and recovery (9)
- Peace and security (7)
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment (7)
- UN system coordination (7)
- Leadership and political participation (6)
- Monitoring and evaluation (6)
- Disaster risk reduction (6)
- Health (6)
- Governance and national planning (6)
- COVID-19 (5)
- Human rights (5)
- Partnerships (3)
- Women’s rights (3)
- Gender equality and inequality (2)
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (2)
- Government contributors (1)
- Domestic violence/interpersonal violence (1)
- Innovation and technology (1)
- Financing for gender equality (1)
- Accountability in the UN system (1)
- Education (1)
- Peacebuilding (1)
- Gender statistics (1)
- Rural women (1)
- Fund for Gender Equality (1)
- Safe Cities and Safe Public Spaces (1)
- Productive resources (1)
- Intergovernmental processes (1)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (1)
- Environmental protection (1)
- Health care services (1)
- Poverty (1)
- Migration (1)
- Child marriage (1)
- Show more Hide
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) (22)
- Interagency Network on Women and Gender Equality (IANWGE) (2)
- United Nations Secretariat (1)
- The Global Mechanism of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) (1)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) (1)
- Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) (1)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) (1)
Tuesday, February 2, 2021
This global report provides a synthesis of the work of UN Women during 2020 to ensure a gender-sensitive response to the COVID-19 pandemic in ending violence against women, economic empowerment, leadership, gender data, and humanitarian contexts.
Friday, September 4, 2020
This report details key results UN Women achieved in 2019 in collaboration with UN and civil society partners. Looking ahead, the report also sketches out the steps UN Women has taken to ensure that it remains fit-for-purpose to prepare and respond to increasingly complex and protracted crises that cut across conflicts and disasters.
Friday, August 14, 2020
This research uses participatory methodologies to explore the experiences of diverse crisis-affected women around gender-transformative change in four humanitarian settings in Bangladesh, Colombia, Jordan, and Uganda. The study provides entry points and recommendations for Grand Bargain signatories to move towards gender-transformative humanitarian action by enhancing women’s meaningful participation in humanitarian responses, and the localization of humanitarian action to women’s rights organizations and self-led groups.
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
This checklist provides minimum requirements for the integration of gender equality in the implementation of the "UN framework for the immediate socio-economic response to COVID-19". In particular, this checklist is intended to support UNCTs that are undertaking gender/intersectional analyses and/or members of the Gender Theme Groups (GTGs) in UNCTs to effectively integrate gender equality in UNCT COVID-19 recovery and socioeconomic response plans.
Monday, July 13, 2020
Complementing the Global Humanitarian Response Plan for COVID-19, this accompanying gender programme from UN Women seeks to support the whole of the humanitarian system to deliver better for women and girls in the midst of this global pandemic. The programme’s overall objective is to ensure that the most affected and at-risk women and girls play their fullest role in response to COVID-19 and are protected from its impacts.
Thursday, June 18, 2020
This report tells UN Women’s story over the period 2019–2020. It shares how we and our many partners are striding forward to realize a better world for women and girls—one of equality and empowerment. Looking forward, we will draw on our full resources and experiences in protecting and advancing the rights of all women and girls. That is what we do and who we are, as a leader, mobilizer, convenor, provider of programmes, and partner for change.
Monday, June 15, 2020
The United Nations Inter-Agency Network on Women and Gender Equality (IANWGE), chaired by the Executive Director of UN Women, has responded to the call of the Secretary-General for coordinated action during the COVID-19 pandemic. This compendium captures key messages and efforts of UN entities as they address the gender dimensions of the pandemic, aligned with the five pillars of the UN framework for the immediate socioeconomic response to COVID-19.
Monday, June 8, 2020
This study ascertains the levels of existing funding flows to gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls, and the impact of shortfalls on global humanitarian outcomes.
Friday, May 15, 2020
This rapid assessment tool presents a practical way to assess progress on achieving gender equality and women’s empowerment in humanitarian contexts.
Thursday, April 9, 2020
Across every sphere, from health to the economy, security to social protection, the impacts of COVID-19 are exacerbated for women and girls simply by virtue of their sex. This policy brief by the UN Secretary-General explores how women and girls’ lives are changing in the face of COVID-19, and outlines suggested priority measures to accompany both the immediate response and longer-term recovery efforts.