This report tells UN Women’s story over the period 2019–2020. It shares how we and our many partners are striding forward to realize a better world for women and girls—one of equality and empowerment. Looking forward, we will draw on our full resources and experiences in protecting and advancing the rights of all women and girls. That is what we do and who we are, as a leader, mobilizer, convenor, provider of programmes, and partner for change. More
- Monitoring and evaluation (25)
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment (9)
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting (8)
- UN system coordination (8)
- Economic empowerment (7)
- Leadership and political participation (5)
- Peace and security (5)
- Ending violence against women and girls (5)
- Partnerships (4)
- Governance and national planning (4)
- Human rights (3)
- Accountability in the UN system (3)
- Humanitarian action (3)
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (3)
- Trust funds (3)
- Women in the UN system (2)
- Peacebuilding (2)
- Fund for Gender Equality (2)
- Gender-responsive budgeting (2)
- Crisis response and recovery (1)
- UN Security Council resolution 1325 (1)
- Citizen engagement (1)
- Accountability (1)
- UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women (1)
- Disaster risk reduction (1)
- UN Security Council resolutions (1)
- Financing for gender equality (1)
- Parliamentary development (1)
- Results-based management (1)
- Coordination, knowledge management (1)
- Human and financial resources (1)
- Employment (1)
- Peace processes (1)
- Constitutions and legal reform (1)
- Conflict, war (1)
- Electoral systems and processes (1)
- Planning and monitoring (1)
- HIV and AIDS (1)
- Civil society participation (1)
- Show more Hide
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) (35)
- United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG) (1)
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO) (1)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) (1)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) (1)
- Publishing Entities (1)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) (1)
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
This meta-synthesis brings together evidence from evaluations of UN Women’s organizational effectiveness and efficiency outputs. In addition to highlighting progress, the synthesis captures commonly identified drivers of change in the form of good practices and innovation, as well as impediments.
Saturday, August 31, 2019
This corporate evaluation assesses the relevance, appropriateness, effectiveness, efficiency, connectedness, and sustainability of UN Women’s approach to humanitarian action at global, regional, and country level.
Saturday, August 31, 2019
This meta-synthesis reviewed and aggregated insights from 39 evaluation reports completed during 2017 and 2018 against selected development and organizational effectiveness and efficiency criteria. The purpose of the report is to contribute to organizational learning and effective knowledge management through the identification of recurring findings, lessons learned, and evidence on the key areas of work of UN Women.
Thursday, June 6, 2019
Governance and national planning (GNP) is an area of work that has contributed to UN Women’s identity and for which it is recognized and valued. The evaluation of UN Women's GNP portfolio from 2011 to 2017 assessed the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, and extent to which human rights approach and gender equality principles were integrated adequately in UN Women’s approach to GNP.
Saturday, September 1, 2018
This report focuses on the final meta-analysis of evaluations covering the Strategic Plan 2014–2017 cycle. It synthesizes information from 39 evaluations and provides a consolidated assessment of the development effectiveness and efficiency results of UN Women. The analysis also provides insights on the drivers of change and contributions made by UN Women to humanitarian response.
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Supported by infographics, the 2017 illustrated annual report sums up the evaluation function’s performance in the areas of corporate and decentralized evaluations and provides an overview of the measures undertaken to strengthen UN Women’s contribution to UN system–wide coordination and national capacity development for gender-responsive evaluation.
Friday, June 1, 2018
This report contains the findings and recommendations of the first independent evaluation commissioned by UN Women’s Fund for Gender Equality (FGE), assessing USD 84 million invested through 121 grants across 80 countries since the FGE’s creation in 2009.
Sunday, April 1, 2018
The purpose of the corporate evaluation was to assess UN Women’s contribution from 2011 to 2017 towards women’s ability to “lead and participate in decision-making at all levels”, and to provide evidence from past practice to inform its future strategic planning and implementation in this area. It analysed UN Women’s contribution across its integrated mandate at the global, regional, and country levels against four criteria: relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability.
Thursday, August 17, 2017
UN Women continuously seeks ways to accelerate its development results through improved programming and organizational effectiveness. To further facilitate the review of evaluative evidence and transform it into accessible knowledge, the UN Women Independent Evaluation Office annually produces a meta-analysis report. This year's meta-analysis synthesizes insights and drivers of change from multiple evaluations.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
In 2015–2016, the UN Women Independent Evaluation Office undertook a corporate evaluation of UN Women’s strategic partnerships for gender equality and women’s empowerment. The evaluation is intended to enhance UN Women’s approach to strategic partnerships with the aim of ensuring that gender equality is reached by 2030. It was also expected to contribute to an understanding of how UN Women’s strategic partnerships can facilitate a strong position for gender equality and women’s empowerment within the current global development context and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.