Marking the 25th anniversary of the adoption of the Beijing Platform for Action, as well as the first time that progress on the implementation of the Platform is reviewed in light of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, this report takes an integrated approach to reporting on progress, gaps, and challenges related to the advancement of gender equality and women’s rights. More
- Ending violence against women and girls (3)
- Human rights (2)
- Access to justice post-conflict (2)
- Monitoring and evaluation (2)
- Education (2)
- Coordination, knowledge management (2)
- Peace and security (2)
- Capacity development (2)
- Health (2)
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (2)
- Training (2)
- UN system coordination (2)
- Governance and national planning (2)
- Treatment (1)
- Crisis response and recovery (1)
- COVID-19 (1)
- UN Security Council resolution 1325 (1)
- Partnerships (1)
- Post-conflict recovery (1)
- Leadership and political participation (1)
- Justice reform (1)
- Domestic violence/interpersonal violence (1)
- Maternal health (1)
- Economic empowerment (1)
- Anti-violence interventions (1)
- Land and property (1)
- Peacebuilding (1)
- Productive resources (1)
- Businesses and foundations (1)
- Peace processes (1)
- Humanitarian action (1)
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights (1)
- Constitutions and legal reform (1)
- Climate change (1)
- Commission on the Status of Women (1)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (1)
- Environmental protection (1)
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) (1)
- Health care services (1)
- Access to justice and legal protection (1)
- Care and support services (1)
- Public sector reform (1)
- Gender mainstreaming (1)
- Prevention (1)
- HIV and AIDS (1)
- Show more Hide
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) (15)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) (2)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) (2)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) (1)
- Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) (1)
- World Health Organization (WHO) (1)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) (1)
Friday, May 15, 2020
This publication provides practical guidelines for gender-responsive evaluation management and data collection, structured around the four main evaluation phases. It contains tips and good practices to aid evaluation teams in determining the best course of action for the gender-responsive evaluation or research exercise in the context of COVID-19, while keeping stakeholders engaged and upholding relevant ethical and data protection protocols.
Sunday, June 2, 2019
Recognizing the impact of gender inequality on the sexual and reproductive health of women and the health of their children, this programming guide provides practical guidance and tools to understand the influence of gender inequality on sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (SRMNCAH), and how to effectively integrate gender equality into programming.
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Access to justice is critical for the effective implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. “A practitioner’s toolkit on women’s access to justice programming” was developed by UN Women, UNDP, UNODC and OHCHR to stimulate bolder gender-responsive justice interventions. It harnesses experiences, lessons learned, and promising practices for creating non-discriminatory and inclusive justice systems, empowering women and girls to claim and fully realize their rights.
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
This handbook sets out the rationale for integrating gender equality into the planning and implementation of humanitarian action and provides practical guidance for doing so across all sectors.
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
The Compendium of Good Practices in Training for Gender Equality aims to make both an empirical and an analytical contribution to the field of training for gender equality.
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
The Typology aims to support training commissioners to plan, develop, design, deliver and evaluate training-related activities.
Thursday, December 10, 2015
The Essential services package forms part of the United Nations Joint Global Programme on Essential Services for Women and Girls Subject to Violence. This programme is a partnership by UN Women, UNFPA, WHO, UNDP and UNODC which aims to provide greater access to a coordinated set of essential and quality multi-sectoral services for all women and girls who have experienced gender-based violence. This programme is supported by the Governments of Australia and Spain.
Friday, September 25, 2015
UN Women has developed a provisional tool, the UN Women Private Sector Accountability Framework, to encourage and aid private sector partners to benchmark their own performance over time, locate and systematically monitor their progress in implementing gender equality considerations into their business, and highlight their strengths and potential areas for improvement.
Friday, September 11, 2015
This toolkit is designed to support climate change practitioners in the Pacific islands region to integrate gender into their programmes and projects. It is aimed at climate change professionals working in national governments, non-governmental organizations, regional and international organizations who are involved in managing and implementing climate change programmes.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
This toolkit was developed by UN Women’s Pacific Regional Ending Violence against Women Facility Fund (Pacific Fund) in response to requests by stakeholders for practical, user-friendly materials and resources that would help them design and implement successful projects to end violence against women and girls.