- Gender equality and women’s empowerment (27)
- Ending violence against women and girls (20)
- Economic empowerment (19)
- Governance and national planning (12)
- Human rights (10)
- Health (9)
- Leadership and political participation (8)
- Employment (8)
- Gender mainstreaming (7)
- COVID-19 (6)
- Environmental protection (6)
- Monitoring and evaluation (5)
- Institutional mechanisms (5)
- Anti-violence interventions (5)
- Productive resources (5)
- Humanitarian action (5)
- Gender equality and inequality (5)
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (5)
- Poverty (5)
- Migration (5)
- Social protection (4)
- Domestic violence/interpersonal violence (4)
- Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) (4)
- Migrant workers (4)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (4)
- UN system coordination (4)
- Macroeconomic policies (3)
- Communications and media (3)
- Accountability in the UN system (3)
- Education (3)
- Rural women (3)
- Peace and security (3)
- Political empowerment (3)
- Sexual harassment (3)
- Climate change (3)
- Youth (3)
- Markets (2)
- Access to basic services (2)
- Access to justice post-conflict (2)
- Maternal health (2)
- Disaster risk reduction (2)
- National planning (2)
- Parliamentary development (2)
- Gender stereotypes (2)
- Results-based management (2)
- Coordination, knowledge management (2)
- Land and property (2)
- Rape/sexual assault (2)
- Safe Cities and Safe Public Spaces (2)
- Capacity development (2)
- Conflict, war (2)
- Gender-responsive budgeting (2)
- Electoral systems and processes (2)
- Training (2)
- Primary prevention (2)
- Unpaid work (1)
- Crisis response and recovery (1)
- Gender discrimination (1)
- UN Security Council resolution 1325 (1)
- Traditional media (1)
- Financial resources (1)
- Women in the UN system (1)
- Justice reform (1)
- Children’s rights (1)
- Local development (1)
- Reparations (1)
- UN Security Council resolutions (1)
- Financing for gender equality (1)
- Peacebuilding (1)
- Gender statistics (1)
- Trafficking/sexual exploitation (1)
- New media (1)
- Gender power relations (1)
- Feminicide/femicide (1)
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights (1)
- Girls (1)
- Adolescents (1)
- Constitutions and legal reform (1)
- Intergovernmental processes (1)
- Women’s rights (1)
- Health care services (1)
- Access to justice and legal protection (1)
- UNiTE campaign (1)
- Rural development (1)
- Public sector reform (1)
- Men and boys (masculinity) (1)
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting (1)
- Entrepreneurship (1)
- Gender data production and collection (1)
- HIV and AIDS (1)
- Civil society participation (1)
- Show more Hide
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) (56)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) (10)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) (6)
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) (4)
- International Labour Organization (ILO) (4)
- World Health Organization (WHO) (4)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) (4)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) (2)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) (2)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) (2)
- Interagency Network on Women and Gender Equality (IANWGE) (1)
- Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) (1)
- OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) (1)
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) (1)
- United Nations Secretariat (1)
- The Global Mechanism of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) (1)
- United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG) (1)
- Danish Institute for Human Rights (1)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) (1)
- Instituto para las Mujeres en las Migración (IMUMI) (1)
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) (1)
- Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) (1)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) (1)
- kNOwVAWdata (1)
- Department of Field Support (1)
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) (1)
- Show more Hide
Thursday, July 30, 2020
Around the globe, the COVID-19 pandemic has created new risks and challenges to victims and survivors of trafficking and has also worsened the vulnerabilities of at-risk groups, especially women and children, to trafficking in human beings. Based on data collected through a global survey of survivors and frontline organizations, this publication analyses the emerging COVID-19 human trafficking trends and consequences and offers concrete policy recommendations to address them.
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
This checklist provides minimum requirements for the integration of gender equality in the implementation of the "UN framework for the immediate socio-economic response to COVID-19". In particular, this checklist is intended to support UNCTs that are undertaking gender/intersectional analyses and/or members of the Gender Theme Groups (GTGs) in UNCTs to effectively integrate gender equality in UNCT COVID-19 recovery and socioeconomic response plans.
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
This decision tree guides data collectors through the various considerations, viable options, and alternative data sources for obtaining information without jeopardizing participants’ safety or the data’s integrity. In doing so, it aims to identify data sources and methodologies that are useful for strengthening services and referral pathways for women experiencing violence during COVID-19.
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
This primer highlights practical ways Members of Parliament (MPs) and parliamentary staff can take action to ensure COVID-19 response and recovery decision-making addresses women’s needs.
Friday, May 15, 2020
This rapid assessment tool presents a practical way to assess progress on achieving gender equality and women’s empowerment in humanitarian contexts.
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
In an effort to address the impacts of COVID-19, companies are developing a number of socially beneficial communications for the public. It is essential that these communications avoid harmful stereotypes and seek to depict positive and progressive gender portrayals.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Three-page rapid guide on the key risks affecting women and girls in the COVID-19 pandemic as well as thoughts on how to include gender perspectives in our audits in this emerging global emergency context.
Thursday, December 5, 2019
Modern day society is surrounded by media (television, film, radio, print and social media); consuming information, entertainment and ever-increasing channels of communication. These platforms, and the content they deliver, present both unrelenting challenges and incredible opportunities for achieving gender equality and eliminating violence against women and girls. This handbook is designed to provide specific guidance on how to work with media for the achievement of these goals.
Thursday, October 31, 2019
This handbook provides practical guidance, elaborated with case studies, on how additional fiscal space can be created for a universal social protection system. The analyses should help governments on how they can increase spending on priority sectors for women, children, and vulnerable groups.
Thursday, September 5, 2019
This manual provides step-by-step guidance to Parties to United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) on integrating gender issues and promoting gender equality in the design of transformative land degradation neutrality (LDN) projects. It builds on work launched by UN Women, the UNCCD, and the International Union on the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) in advising governments on transformative efforts to avoid, reduce, and reverse land degradation through gender- and socially equitable means.
Friday, August 30, 2019
In alignment with the United Nations Youth 2030 Strategy, UN Women’s Youth Plan of Action 2019–2021 constitutes the implementation strategy of UN Women’s Youth and Gender Equality Strategy. It seeks to empower young women, young men, and non-binary people through an intergenerational, intersectional approach, focusing on shifting social norms, supporting policy change, fostering girls’ leadership, and amplifying their voices through effective partnerships.
Sunday, June 2, 2019
Recognizing the impact of gender inequality on the sexual and reproductive health of women and the health of their children, this programming guide provides practical guidance and tools to understand the influence of gender inequality on sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (SRMNCAH), and how to effectively integrate gender equality into programming.
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
RESPECT Women is a policy framework launched by twelve UN, bilateral, and multilateral agencies, which outlines steps for a public health and human rights–based approach to scaling up prevention programming on violence against women. It builds on the learnings compiled in the UN Prevention of Violence against Women Framework (2015), and in additional systematic reviews, to provide evidence-based strategies on preventing violence against women.
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
UN Women, in partnership with Unilever, developed this guide to support the implementation of the “Global Women’s Safety Framework in Rural Spaces” (GWSF). The guide aims to provide support to producers on how to practically implement three main areas of the GWSF, including promising practices, case studies, and tools.
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
This handbook, produced by UN Women and the ILO, provides practical guidance and examples of how to address violence and harassment against women in various work settings. The handbook includes: background on the issues, relevant international and regional policy and legal frameworks, the role of state and non-state actors, social dialogue, situations in which women are more exposed, how to respond, and entry points for prevention.
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
The “Enabling environment guidelines for the United Nations system” will support efforts to create a working environment that embraces equality, eradicates bias, and is inclusive of all staff. These guidelines include good practices and recommendations on workplace flexibility, family-friendly policies, and standards of conduct, as well as on recruitment and talent management.
Friday, December 7, 2018
The new Global Women’s Safety Framework adapts UN Women’s longstanding initiative on Safe Cities and Safe Public Spaces for women and girls through incorporating experience in the tea sector in rural spaces. With its strong focus on prevention of violence against women and girls in public spaces, including harassment, the Framework helps to build a common understanding in the tea sector that is applicable to other commodity sectors in agricultural value chains.
Saturday, September 1, 2018
This guide brings together innovative systemic evaluation practice with intersectional analysis of three of the cross-cutting dimensions of the SDG era. It provides an introduction to the Inclusive Systemic Evaluation for Gender equality, Environments and Marginalized voices (ISE4GEMs) approach. It includes a summary of the key theoretical concepts, as well as practical guidance and tools to support evaluators to apply it in practice.
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Access to justice is critical for the effective implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. “A practitioner’s toolkit on women’s access to justice programming” was developed by UN Women, UNDP, UNODC and OHCHR to stimulate bolder gender-responsive justice interventions. It harnesses experiences, lessons learned, and promising practices for creating non-discriminatory and inclusive justice systems, empowering women and girls to claim and fully realize their rights.
Monday, November 27, 2017
This guide focuses on the scourge of violence against women in elections. It identifies specific components of violence against women in elections, including types, tactics, victims and perpetrators, and presents policy and programming options based on current good practices to ensure that women can exercise their political rights.