The President of the Executive Board, Sergiy Kyslytsya, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations, will open the session on 13 February at 10am EST. UN Women Executive Director Sima Bahous will deliver opening remarks.
Over the two days, the Executive Board will receive updates on audit matters, including:
- presentations on the financial report and audited financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2021,
- the Report of the Board of Auditors on the financial statements for the year of 31 December 2021,
- implementation of the recommendations of the Board of Auditors contained in its reports on the United Nations funds and programmes for the year ended 31 December 2021, and
- updated status of UN Women management actions to address outstanding audit recommendations.
Additionally, there will be several briefings on policy and programme matters, including on:
- UN Women’s regional operational activities in Asia and the Pacific,
- UN Women’s engagement with financial institutions, and
- an update on key metrics used to measure progress on tackling sexual exploitation and abuse and sexual harassment.
The Executive Board will also receive a presentation on follow-up and implementation of UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board recommendations and decisions.