Media Advisory: Celebrities and global leaders convene at UN Women’s HeForShe Summit to unveil innovative solutions for gender equalityMusicians and film stars join forces with presidents, prime ministers, global CEOs and university heads to share best practices as HeForShe Champions
Over the last six years, a unique group of 35 world leaders across government, business and academia made over 90 commitments to address some of today’s most pressing gender issues. Known as HeForShe Champions, part of UN Women’s HeForShe initiative, they are Presidents, Prime Ministers, CEOs and academic leaders. Convening as part of the global ChangeNOW event, these Champions will share their journey and share their “Proven Solutions”, innovative and concretes ways to eliminate global issues such as unequal pay, lack of equal representation at leadership and gender-based violence.
- H.E. Mr. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada
- H.E. Mr. Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda
- H.E. Mr. Guðni Th. Jóhannesson, President of Iceland
- H.E. Mr. Sauli Niinistö, President of Finland
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Under-Secretary-General & Executive Director, UN Women
- Anita Bhatia, Deputy Executive Director for UN Coordination, Partnerships, Resources and Sustainability, UN Women
- Geri Horner, Singer-songwriter, Author and Businesswoman
- Simon Pegg, Actor, Comedian, Screenwriter & Producer
- And many others – see full list of speakers here
WHERE: Virtually, as part of the global ChangeNOW Online Summit
WHEN: Thursday, 27 May, 10:00 - 12:00 P.M. EST / 4:00 - 6:00 P.M. CET
AGENDA & REGISTRATION: https://www.heforshe.org/en/summit
Media wishing to attend the event should register by May 27 at 9:00 A.M. EST / 3:00 P.M. CET. For media interview requests please contact dinal.limbachia[at]unwomen.org.
Join the conversation: Follow @HeForShe @UN_Women on Twitter and share your messages using the hashtag #HeForSheSummit#GenerationEquality