- Economic empowerment (5)
- Leadership and political participation (4)
- Peace and security (4)
- Post-conflict recovery (3)
- Peacebuilding (3)
- Peace processes (3)
- UN Women administration (2)
- Health (2)
- Harmful practices (2)
- Ending violence against women and girls (2)
- Mediation and conflict resolution (2)
- Deputy Executive Director, Policy and Programme (1)
- Macroeconomic policies (1)
- Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) (1)
- Food security (1)
- Maternal health (1)
- Rights in marriage (1)
- Executive Director (1)
- UN Security Council resolutions (1)
- Education (1)
- Rural women (1)
- Employment (1)
- Women farmers (1)
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment (1)
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights (1)
- Climate change (1)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (1)
- Environmental protection (1)
- Women’s rights (1)
- Financial and economic crisis (1)
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) (1)
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (1)
- Religion (1)
- Child marriage (1)
- Show more Hide
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
A new United Nations initiative, aimed at building the resilience of a million women and youth in the Sahel to climate impacts through smart agriculture, was launched today at the One Planet Summit. The launch coincides with a gathering of world leaders in the French capital to mark the anniversary of the landmark Paris Climate Change Agreement.
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka is traveling this week with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and his delegation on a visit to the Sahel region.
Friday, April 12, 2013
Sharing their own experiences of conflict and recovery at the High-Level Conference on Women’s Leadership in the Sahel region held on 9 April, women from across the region called for greater participation in all international forums and recovery efforts to resolve the crises, as well as more funds to advance women’s rights and empowerment.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Some 40 women from the Sahel met today to underline the crucial contributions women from the region are making to economic recovery, political stability and conflict prevention, and to explore ways to enhance their role in these areas.
Friday, April 5, 2013
The European Union, the Office of the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for the Sahel and UN Women will be convening a Conference on Women’s Leadership in the Sahel, on 9 April, in Brussels.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Press release by UNICEF, UNFPA, UN Women, WHO, United Nations Foundation and civil society organization. Between 2011 and 2020, more than 140 million girls will become child brides, according to United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
Thursday, December 20, 2012
The United Nations General Assembly today unanimously passed a resolution banning the practice of Female Genital Mutilation. This significant milestone towards the ending of harmful practices and violations that constitute serious threat to the health of women and girls was taken by the 194 UN Member States, who approved five General Assembly resolutions today on advancing women's rights, including one on intensifying global efforts for the elimination of female genital mutilations (FGM).