- Partnerships (31)
- Executive Director (31)
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment (23)
- Government contributors (20)
- Ending violence against women and girls (15)
- Deputy Executive Director, Intergovernmental Support and Strategic Partnerships (13)
- Economic empowerment (11)
- Gender, culture and society (10)
- Peace and security (9)
- Leadership and political participation (8)
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (8)
- Humanitarian action (7)
- Intergovernmental processes (6)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (6)
- Men and boys (masculinity) (6)
- Innovation and technology (5)
- Sports (5)
- Youth (5)
- Governance and national planning (5)
- Crisis response and recovery (4)
- Deputy Executive Director, Policy and Programme (4)
- Political empowerment (4)
- Commission on the Status of Women (4)
- UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women (3)
- Communications and media (3)
- Climate change (3)
- Gender equality and inequality (3)
- Gender wage gap (3)
- Social protection (2)
- Information and communications technology (ICT) (2)
- Financing for gender equality (2)
- Anti-violence interventions (2)
- Safe Cities and Safe Public Spaces (2)
- Beijing Platform for Action (2)
- Conflict, war (2)
- Electoral systems and processes (2)
- Decision-making (2)
- Harmful practices (2)
- Treatment (1)
- Unpaid work (1)
- COVID-19 (1)
- UN Security Council resolution 1325 (1)
- Macroeconomic policies (1)
- Human rights (1)
- Water (1)
- Domestic violence/interpersonal violence (1)
- UN Women administration (1)
- Women with disabilities (1)
- Waste management (1)
- Parliamentary development (1)
- Gender stereotypes (1)
- Peacebuilding (1)
- Trafficking/sexual exploitation (1)
- New media (1)
- Temporary special measures, affirmative action (1)
- Businesses and foundations (1)
- Employment (1)
- Feminicide/femicide (1)
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights (1)
- Girls (1)
- Violent extremism and terrorism (1)
- Adolescents (1)
- Goodwill ambassadors (1)
- Constitutions and legal reform (1)
- Political violence (1)
- Environmental protection (1)
- Gender-responsive budgeting (1)
- Science and technology for development (1)
- UNiTE campaign (1)
- Anita Bhatia, Deputy Executive Director for UN Coordination, Partnerships, Resources and Sustainability (1)
- Care and support services (1)
- Generation Equality (1)
- Trust funds (1)
- Gender mainstreaming (1)
- HIV and AIDS (1)
- Primary prevention (1)
- Show more Hide
- United States of America (15)
- Canada (13)
- Sweden (11)
- Finland (10)
- Norway (9)
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (6)
- France (6)
- Switzerland (5)
- Spain (4)
- Belgium (4)
- Japan (4)
- Australia (4)
- Netherlands (3)
- Iceland (3)
- Syrian Arab Republic (3)
- Italy (3)
- Denmark (2)
- Uganda (2)
- Iraq (2)
- China (1)
- Albania (1)
- Afghanistan (1)
- Honduras (1)
- Ethiopia (1)
- Maldives (1)
- Kenya (1)
- Turkey (1)
- South Sudan (1)
- United Arab Emirates (1)
- Bolivia, Plurinational State of (1)
- Malawi (1)
- Germany (1)
- Serbia (1)
- India (1)
- Panama (1)
- Show more Hide
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Devishi Jha, is an 18-year-old climate activist who was born in India and now lives in the United States. She is the Director of Partnerships at Zero Hour, an international youth-led climate justice organization, and serves on the National Council at UNICEF USA.
Monday, October 19, 2020
In an interview, Swedish Minister for International Development Cooperation Peter Eriksson, explains why his Government believes UN Women’s work is such an important priority for its multilateral aid.
Monday, October 19, 2020
In an interview, Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade of Finland, Ville Skinnari, explains why gender equality is Finland’s top priority in foreign and development policy.
Thursday, September 3, 2020
The Government of Japan is a vital partner in UN Women’s mission to achieve gender equality and women’s empowerment. UN Women and Japan work together in the areas of humanitarian action; women, peace and security; and preventing violent extremism in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, and the Arab States. In an interview with UN Women, Japan’s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Motegi Toshimitsu, highlights why realizing gender equality is an important goal for Japan.
Monday, August 17, 2020
Nelly is a South Sudanese refugee leader in the Bidibidi settlement in Uganda. In this story, adapted from the Who Holds the Microphone Series, she discusses her engagement with the humanitarian community and emphasizes the need for resources, income-generating activities and spaces dedicated to women, where they can freely discuss their experiences and challenges.
Monday, August 3, 2020
Convened by UN Women, the United Nations entity for women’s empowerment, a new advertising coalition to tackle harmful stereotypes in UK advertising and media content launches today. The initiative will focus on encouraging diverse, inclusive and non-stereotypical representations of marginalised groups, initially focusing on the experiences of women of colour.
Thursday, April 23, 2020
At only 11 years old, Samaira Mehta is already the founder and CEO Coderbunnyz and Codermindz, two board games that introduce kids to the concepts of computer programming and artificial intelligence. She’s also the creator of the “Yes, One Billion Kids Can Code” initiative, which aims to help one billion kids in the world gain access to STEM and coding tools by 2030.
Thursday, November 14, 2019
UN Women Deputy Executive Director, Anita Bhatia, attended the Paris Peace Forum, an international event on global governance issues and multilateralism, on 12 November, to discuss the upcoming 2020 Generation Equality Forum. The Forum is a civil society–centred, multi-stakeholder, global gathering for gender equality, convened by UN Women and co-hosted by the governments of Mexico and France.
Monday, September 16, 2019
HeForShe, the UN Women solidarity movement for gender equality, is embarking on its third #GetFree University Tour and this year, with a focus on engaging students in Canada to take action for a gender equal world.
Friday, September 13, 2019
UN Women's first Regional Goodwill Ambassador for Africa, Jaha Dukureh, has today received the North-South Prize 2018 by the Council of Europe, recognizing her role in the fight to end female genital mutilation.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
UN Women’s Deputy Executive Director Asa Regner is visiting Norway this week to participate in the international conference on Ending Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in Humanitarian Crises, taking place in Oslo, from 23 to 24 May, and to meet with partners and dignitaries.
Remarks by Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and Executive Director of UN Women, Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, at the G7 ministerial meeting on gender equality and women’s empowerment in Paris, France
Monday, May 13, 2019
In her remarks at the G7 ministerial meeting on gender equality and women’s empowerment, UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka highlighted legislation as an important instrument for change that is systemic and irreversible.
Monday, May 13, 2019
UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka participated in the second meeting of the G7 Gender Advisory Council and met G7 Gender Equality Ministers on 9-10 May in Paris, France.
Thursday, April 4, 2019
UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka will participate in the G7 Foreign Ministers meeting on 5 April in Dinard, France, as a member of the G7 Gender Equality Advisory Council established by French President Emmanuel Macron. The G7 meeting will discuss reducing gender inequality globally, with a focus on protecting women from sexual violence in conflict and strengthening the role of women in peace processes and crisis resolution.
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Washington, DC–UN Women, the United Nations Foundation, and the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security will celebrate Congressional women leaders in foreign policy at a reception this evening.
Monday, February 25, 2019
Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka visits Finland to meet with Finnish Government officials, Members of Parliament, private sector and the academia.
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
UN Women Deputy Executive Director Åsa Regnér attended the first meeting of the G7 Advisory Council for Gender Equality in the Elysée Palace on 19 February, on behalf of UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka is in Denmark to attend the annual consultations with the Danish Government.
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Today, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), a long-standing partner of UN Women, announced a significant contribution of 80 million Krona (USD 8.8 million) to UN Women’s Flagship Programme on gender data, Making Every Woman and Girl Count.
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Japan is a vital partner in UN Women’s mission to achieve gender equality and the empowerment of women. In an interview with UN Women, Japan’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Taro Kono, highlights why realizing gender equality is an important goal for Japan.