The next edition of UN Women’s flagship report, Progress of the World’s Women, will be launched in 2019. The report theme, Families in a Changing World, explores how laws, policies and public action can support families in ways that enable women’s rights to resources, bodily integrity and voice. Through high quality research, innovative data analysis, and compelling case studies, this extensive report shows the plurality of family structures across the world, and showcases vital actions to formulate families-friendly policies that support women’s full enjoyment of their rights.
Read a Snapshot of our approach:
Progress of the World’s Women
Progress of the World’s Women is UN Women’s periodic investigation of progress made towards a world where women live free from violence, poverty and inequality. Provocative and insightful, this series is the product of multi-year research, in-depth analyses and data findings that build upon the expertise of leading organizations, experts and academics.
- Progress of the world’s women 2015–2016: Transforming economies, realizing rights
- Progress of the world’s women 2011: In pursuit of justice
- Progress of the world’s women 2008/2009: Who answers to women?
- Progress of the world’s women 2005: Women, work and Poverty
- Women, war, peace: The independent experts’ assessment on the impact of armed conflict on women and women’s role in peace-building (Progress of the world’s women 2002, vol. 1)
- Progress of the world’s women 2002, volume 2: Gender equality and the Millennium Development Goals
- Progress of the world’s women 2000