UN-Women Executive Board
The Executive Board governs the operational activities of UN-Women and provides operational policy guidance to the Entity (General Assembly resolution 64/289, paragraph 57(b)).
Functions and working methods are described in the Informal Guide to the UN-Women Executive Board.
Executive Board calendar 2019
(Previous years are available through the “Executive Board documents” page.)
- Election of the Bureau, 8 January 2019
- Pre-Session and orientation, 29 January 2019
- Informal briefing on the implementation of General Assembly Resolution 72/279 Repositioning of the United Nations development system, 29 January 2019
- Informal briefing on the audited financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2017 and Management Response on the Report of the Board of Auditors, 30 January 2019
- Informal briefing on the Independent Evaluation and Audit Services, 30 January 2019
- First regular session, 12 February 2019
- Informal briefing on Safe Cities and Safe Public Spaces, 13 February 2019
- Informal briefing on UN-Women’s role in enhancing gender parity, 13 February 2019
- Informal briefing on "Update on UN-Women's efforts and plans towards the elimination of SEA and SH", 13 February 2019
- Informal briefing on the outline of the Annual Report of the Under Secretary-General/Executive Director on the Strategic Plan, 2018-2021, 15 February 2019
- Annual session, 18–20 June 2019
- Second regular session, 9–10 September 2019
Note: All official meetings of the UN-Women Executive Board are PaperSmart. Documents and statements will be made public on this website and in the Executive Board PaperSmart portal as they become available.