UN Women Global Innovation Coalition for Change
As part of UN Women’s innovation strategy to drive industry-wide action in this area, UN Women has created a Global Innovation Coalition for Change (GICC). The GICC is a dynamic partnership between UN Women and key representatives from the private sector, academia, and non-profit institutions focused on developing the innovation market to work better for women and to accelerate the achievement of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Specifically, the GICC focuses on the following actions:
- Build market awareness of the potential for innovations developed by women that meet the needs of women and girls.
- Identify the key barriers to women and girl’s advancement in innovation, technology and entrepreneurship.
- Work collaboratively to identify and take actions to address these barriers and needs at an industry-wide level.
This is achieved through five GICC-led programmes:
- Gender Innovation Principles
- She Innovates Global Programme
- She Innovates Campaign and Mentoring Programme
- 4Good Programme South Africa
- Champions for Innovation
The complete list of Global Innovation Coalition for Change representatives includes:
- Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls: Meredith Walker, Founder; Maggie Chieffo, General Manager
- BHP Billiton: Karen Wood, Chairman of the BHP Billiton Foundation; Athalie Williams, Chief People Officer
- Businesspros and Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship South Africa: Antoinia Norman, CEO, Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship South Africa
- CISCO: Charu Adesnik, Deputy Director, Cisco Foundation
- Citi: Yolande Piazza, CEO, Citi FinTech; Corinne Lin, Head of Operations, Citi FinTech
- DELL: Jackie Glenn, VP Global Diversity and Inclusion; Trisa Thompson, Senior Vice President & Chief Responsibility Officer, Corporate Social Responsibility at Dell Technologies
- Ellevate Network: Kristy Wallace, CEO of Ellevate Network
- Ericsson: Elaine Weidman-Grunewald, Senior Vice President, Chief Sustainability & Public Affairs Officer, and Head of Sustainability & Public Affairs; Paul Landers, Program Director Technology for Good
- EY: Giles Morgan, Associate Partner and Julie Hood, Global Deputy Vice Chair Transaction Advisory Services
- Facebook: Arielle Gross, Global Program Manager, Creative Shop
- General Electric: Kelli Wells, Executive Director General Electric Foundation
- Havas UK: Faye Raincock, Head of Communications
- HP Inc.: Nate Hurst, Chief Sustainability and Social Impact Officer; Michele Malejki, Global Head of Strategic Programs, Sustainability & Social Innovation
- Johnson & Johnson: Alice Lin Fabiano, Director, Global Community Impact; Carol Montandon, Head of Women’s Leadership Initiative
- JPMorgan Chase: Ali Marano, Executive Director: Technology for Social Good, Diversity & Inclusion at JPMorgan Chase
- LinkedIn: Nicole Isaac, Head of U.S Public Policy; Sue Duke, Senior Director of Public Policy - EMEA
- MIT Solve: Hala Hanna, Director, SOLVE at Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Alexandra Amouyel, Executive Director, Solve at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- NASDAQ: Brenda Hoffman, Senior Vice President, Global Technology; Rebecca Cameron, Vice President, Corporate Strategy
- NY Academy of Sciences: Lorraine Hariton, Senior Vice President, Global Partnerships; Stephanie Wortel-London, Director, Education
- Pax World Management: Joe Keefe, CEO, Pax World; Heather Smith, Lead Sustainability Research Analyst
- PwC: Ben Zelinsky, PwC Partner Technology Consulting
- SAP: Jennifer Morgan, Executive Board Member for Global Customer Operations; Sinead Kaiya, COO, Products and Innovation; Ann Rosenberg, Senior Vice President and Global Head of SAP Next-Gen; Shuchi Sharma, Global Lead for Gender Intelligence, SAP Diversity & Inclusion.
- Sony: Shiro Kambe, Executive Vice President, Corporate Executive Officer Legal, Compliance, Communications, CSR, External Relations and Information Security & Privacy
- South32: Patience Mpofu, Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability
- Statoil: Ana Prata Fonseca Nordang, Vice President, People and Organisation
- Unilever: Jonathan Hammond, Global Marketing Director and Head of Unilever Foundry and Richard Jerrett Senior Global Innovation Manager for Unilever Foundry
For more information on GICC members and leading gender inclusion initiatives across member organizations, please see the GICC members handbook.