Impact stories and thematic briefs
Authors/editor(s): UN Women
As the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women around the world, UN Women stands behind women’s equal participation in all aspects of life, focusing on five priority areas: increasing women’s leadership and participation; ending violence against women; engaging women in all aspects of peace and security processes; enhancing women’s economic empowerment; and making gender equality central to national development planning and budgeting.
The following Thematic briefs outline UN Women’s work towards each of these key areas, focusing on solutions and illustrating selected results.
The second set of briefs, dubbed Impact stories, illustrates the human impact of a selection of UN Women programmes implemented at the global, regional or national level. These stories give voice to the many women and girls across the globe whose lives have been changed for the better as a result of UN Women's work on the field.
- Beijing+20 en | es | fr
- Economic Empowerment en | es | fr
- Ending Violence against Women en | es | fr
- Governance and National Planning en | es | fr
- Leadership and Political Participation en | es | fr
- Peace and Security en | es | fr
- Lives saved in Viet Nam by involving women in disaster planning
- Women at the forefront of disaster response in the Pacific
- In Afghanistan, women and girls strive to get an education
- In Rio de Janeiro's favelas, a new online tool tackles violence against women and girls
- Domestic workers' rights treaty becomes reality
- New law in Kyrgyzstan toughens penalties for bride kidnapping
- In Morocco, Soulalyates women make strides in land rights
- Sharp increase of women voters in Pakistan's 2013 elections
- Setting the scene: Using audiovisual tools to train peacekeepers
- Mothers lighting up homes and communities in rural Tanzania
Publication type: Media Kits
Publication year: 2014