UN Women Sourcebook on Women, Peace and Security
This is a collection of cutting-edge resources intended to raise awareness, provoke policy, support training, advocacy and share lessons learned on implementation of the women, peace and security (WPS) agenda, including the UN Security Council resolution 1325 and other women and peace and security resolutions (1820, 1888, 1889 and 1960).
This collection is expected to strengthen the knowledge base on women and peace and security-related issues and to provide practitioners, advocates and policy makers with practical guidance.
The Overview provides a detailed summary of issues, lessons learned, good practices and continuing efforts to implement the WPS agenda. It also provides a set of analytical and practical guidance on five major thematic and operational elements of the WPS agenda, namely:
- frameworks for implementing the women and peace and security resolutions;
- women's engagement in conflict resolution;
- gender-responsive conflict prevention and protection;
- women's participation in peacebuilding and recovery; and
- gender and transitional justice.
For each of the areas highlighted, the subject matter is introduced with one or more analytical papers that offer the reader the opportunity to understand concepts, issues and the latest thinking on the subject. Guidance documents highlight practical examples, lessons learned and good practices, as well as recent statistics, where available.
The Sourcebook also includes the frameworks on WPS: UN Security Council resolutions 1325, 1820, 1888, 1889, and 1960.
This collection is expected to strengthen capacities at the country level and within the UN system to address issues and challenges relating to women and peace and security.
1. UN Women Sourcebook on Women, Peace and Security: Overview of Contents [ar, es, fr]
2. Frameworks for Implementing the Women and Peace and Security Resolutions
3. Women's Engagement in Conflict Resolution
4. Gender-Responsive Conflict Prevention and Protection
5. Women's Participation in Peacebuilding and Recovery
6. Gender and Transitional Justice
- UN Security Council resolution 1325 (2000) (ar, es, fr, ru, zh)
- UN Security Council resolution 1820 (2008) (ar, es, fr, ru, zh)
- UN Security Council resolution 1888 (2009) (ar, es, fr, ru, zh)
- UN Security Council resolution 1889 (2009) (ar, es, fr, ru, zh)
- UN Security Council resolution 1960 (2010) (ar, es, fr, ru, zh)
- UN Security Council resolution 2106 (2013) (ar, es, fr, ru, zh)
- UN Security Council resolution 2122 (2013) (ar, es, fr, ru, zh)
Publication type: Undefined
UN Women office involved in publication: UN Women Headquarters
Publication year: 2012
Number of pages: 204