Comments on the development of a revised policy on sexual and gender-based crimes: Submission from UN Women to the Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court
This UN Women submission was prepared in response to a call for inputs in May 2023 from the Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court to support the renewal of the “Policy paper on sexual and gender-based crimes”.
UN Women’s inputs focus on five suggestions:
- Strengthen the gender analysis framework.
- Differentiate between gender-based crimes and sexual crimes.
- Include people of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and sex characteristics, and devise specific measures for addressing male experiences.
- Further develop a survivor-centred approach.
- Formulate an implementation plan and monitoring framework with targets.