UN-Women Executive Board
The United Nations General Assembly, through General Assembly resolution 64/289, decided to establish the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, to be known as UN-Women a composite entity of the UN system from 1 January 2011.
The General Assembly also established the UN-Women Executive Board as the Governing Body of the Entity to provide intergovernmental support to and supervision of its operational activities (paragraph 50 and 57)
The rules of procedure of the Executive Board (UNW/2011/6) were adopted by the Board in 2011. Functions and working methods of the Executive Board are described in the Informal Guide to the UN-Women Executive Board.
Joint Calendar – Executive Boards of UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS, UNICEF & UN-Women
Click here to register on the Distribution List of Executive Board Secretariat
UN-Women Executive Board Calendar 2023*
* Previous years can be accessed via the Executive Board Documents page.
Documents of Executive Board sessions, informal briefings, and other meetings in 2023:
- Election of the Bureau 2023, 10 Jan
- Joint Informal Consultation of the Executive Boards of UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS, UNICEF, and UN-Women on the Follow Up on Oversight Matters, 13 Jan
- Joint Update on UNDP, UNFPA, UNOPS, UNICEF and UN Women Engagement with the International Financial Institutions, 17 Jan
- Pre-Session in advance of the First Regular Session & Orientation for the New Members of the Executive Board, 23 Jan
- Informal Briefing on Audit Matters, 25 Jan
- Orientation on the Oversight Mechanism of UN-Women, 25 Jan
- Informal Briefing on UN-Women's Work on Ending Violence Against Women and Femicide, 26 Jan
- Update on UN-Women Policies and Procedures to Tackle Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment, 26 Jan
- First Regular Session, 13-14 Feb
- Joint UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF and UN-Women informal briefing on the Structured Funding Dialogue, 9 May
- Informal briefings on Evaluation and Internal Audit and Investigation, 25 May
- Pre-session in advance of the Annual Session and Informal briefing/update on the implementation efforts on the repositioning of the United Nations Development System, 26 May
- Informal briefings on the Annual Report of the Executive Director & Integrated Budget of 2024-2025, 30 May
- Update on UN-Women policies and procedures to tackle sexual exploitation and abuse and sexual harassment, 31 May
- Informal briefing on Ethics, 1 June
- Annual Session, 19-21 June
- Informal briefing on Gender Parity, 23 June
- Second Regular Session, 12-13 September
Note: All UN-Women Executive Board meetings respect the sustainability initiatives observed across United Nations entities. Documents and statements will be made public on this website and Member State interventions can be accessed via the Executive Board eStatements (UN Journal) portal as soon as they are made available.