Application and recruitment process
UN Women focuses on cultivating a global community that advances gender equality by working on challenging and highly rewarding global initiatives. We work with governments and civil society to design and implement laws, policies, programmes, and services to enable women and girls to claim their rights and expand their opportunities. Be part of a unique mandate to achieve gender equality, end all forms of discrimination, and empower all women and girls, and help change the course of the 21st century.
Stages of the recruitment process from the submission of your application to final selection and appointment:
Interested and qualified applicants must submit the relevant and required information and documents for each position they are interested in.
Qualified applicants will undergo a preliminary screening process to determine basic requirements are met (that is, education, work experience, years of experience, etc.).
Candidates who pass the initial screening will then be contacted to take part in either an assessment or interview or both to determine the right candidate for the job.
Based on the outcomes of the assessment(s), the selected candidate’s credentials will be verified by the Office of Human Resources, and their appointment will be subject to final approval.
Core values and competencies
Our values are underpinned by the United Nations values: respect for diversity, integrity, and professionalism. Find out more about UN Women’s values and competencies.
Things to remember when applying
- UN Women is developing a new e-recruit system, which is now in its pilot phase. As part of this transition period, vacancies may be posted in the new system or the UNDP jobs site. For all applications, please ensure that all required fields are completed and a UN Women Personal History Form (P11) is attached for vacancies posted on the UNDP system.
- We encourage you to read the job description carefully before you start the process.
- Highlight your skills, motivation, and experience, and tailor your letter of interest accordingly.
- Acknowledgements and further requests will only be sent to short-listed candidates. It is not necessary to send copies of qualifications or other documents at this stage.
- Only duly completed online applications will be accepted.