Entity-specific implementation plans on gender parity
The Secretary-General’s System-wide Strategy on Gender Parity recommends all UN system entities to align or develop specific gender strategies and implementation plans, which include specific targets, measures, and resources, to reach the goals and reflect the recommendations of the Strategy. In November 2020, the Secretary-General requested all entities to develop updated implementation plans for the next two-year period. In August 2022, the Chef de Cabinet of the Executive Office of the Secretary-General once again requested all United Nations entities to develop updated implementation plans for 2022–2024.
Moreover, in UN General Assembly resolution 76/142 (2021), Member States requested that the United Nations further accelerate efforts to achieve the goal of 50/50 gender balance at all levels, including at the UN country team level, and encouraged UN Women to continue to regularly report on progress made through entity-specific implementation plans.
Below are publicly available gender parity implementation plans of UN system entities.
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Please note that this action plan has been integrated into the FAO “Human resources strategic action plan”.
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
- United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF)
- United Nations University (UNU)
- Department for General Assembly and Conference Management (DGACM)
- Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT)
- United Nations Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence Against Children (OSRSG-VAC)
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA)
- United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA)
- United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT)
- United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA)
- United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- United Nations Office Vienna and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNOV/UNODC)
- United Nations Verification Mission in Colombia
Secretary-General’s report and resolution summary: How to improve the representation of women at the United Nations
This publication provides a summary of the key statistics on the representation of women in the UN system, barriers to achieving gender parity, and recommended actions to assist UN entities to reach gender parity. More