The sixty-seventh session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place from 6 to 17 March 2023.
Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world are invited to contribute to the session.
- Priority theme: Innovation and technological change, and education in the digital age for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls
- Review theme: Challenges and opportunities in achieving gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls (agreed conclusions of the sixty-second session)
The Bureau of the Commission plays a crucial role in facilitating the preparation for, and in ensuring the successful outcome of the annual sessions of the Commission. Bureau members serve for two years. In 2002, in order to improve its work and ensure continuity, the Commission decided to hold the first meeting of its subsequent session, immediately following the closure of the regular session, for the sole purpose of electing the new Chairperson and other members of the Bureau (ECOSOC decision 2002/234).
The Bureau for the 67th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (2023) comprises the following members:
- H.E. Ms. Mathu Joyini (South Africa), Chair (African States Group)
- Ms. Pilar Eugenio (Argentina), Vice-Chair (Latin American and Caribbean States Group)
- H.E. Ms. Antje Leendertse (Germany), Vice-Chair (Western European and Other States Group)
- Mr. Māris Burbergs (Latvia), Vice-Chair (Eastern European States Group)
- Vice-Chair for the Asia and Pacific States Group: to be nominated
The outcome of the Commission’s consideration of the priority theme during its 67th session will take the form of agreed conclusions, to be negotiated by all Member States.
More information regarding the 67th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (2023) to be uploaded as available in due time.
Submission of written statements for CSW67 will be open for NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC from 23 September to 14 October 2022. Please visit the Opportunities for NGOs to address the Commission page for more information.