National Committees for UN Women
National Committees for UN Women are independent non-profit, non-governmental organizations that support the mission of UN Women by conducting fundraising activities (individual giving, corporate giving, foundations) to support UN Women programmes worldwide, raising public awareness and advocacy initiatives on UN Women and global women’s issues, as well as supporting UN Women’s relations with the Government.
Currently, there are National Committees for UN Women in 13 countries:
- Australia – Facebook @UNWomenAustralia, Twitter @UNWomenAust, Instagram @unwomenaust
- Austria – Facebook @unwomenaustria, Twitter @unwomenaustria, Instagram @unwomenaustria
- Finland – Facebook @unwomensuomi, Twitter @UNWomenSuomi, Instagram @unwomensuomi
- France – Facebook @onufemmesfrance, Twitter @ONUFemmesFR, Instagram @onufemmesfr
- Germany – Facebook @unwomengermany, Twitter @UNWomen_Germany, Instagram @unwomengermany
- Iceland – Facebook @unwomenIsland, Twitter @unwomeniceland, Instagram @unwomeniceland
- Japan – Facebook @unwomen.nc.jp
- Netherlands – Facebook @unwomennederland, Twitter @UNWomen_NL, Instagram @unwomennl
- New Zealand – Facebook @UNWomenANZ, Twitter @UNWomenNZ, Instagram @unwomennz
- Spain – Twitter @onumujeresESP, Instagram @onumujeres_esp, LinkedIn ONU Mujeres España
- Sweden – Facebook @UNWomenSverige, Twitter @UNWOMENSweden, Instagram @unwomensweden, YouTube @ UN Women Sweden
- United Kingdom – Facebook @UNWomenUK, Twitter @UNWomenUK, Instagram @unwomenuk
- United States – Facebook @UNWomenUSA, Twitter @UNWomenUSA, Instagram @unwomenusa
Do you see one of UN Women’s National Committees in your country?
FIRST, take action. Help us change attitudes, behaviours, and knowledge by promoting the gender equality and women’s empowerment agenda. Reach out and join our National Committees and help us mobilize advocates and supporters for women’s rights and promote feminist policies.
SECOND, speak out, take a stand. Help us amplify our advocacy messaging on priority issues affecting women. Learn more in our “Progress of the world’s women” report, a series on women’s rights since 2000, which seeks to spur changes in laws, policies, and programmes, creating an enabling environment for women and girls to realize their rights.
THIRD, make a donation. Every donation, no matter how small, can make a big difference. We are grateful for every gift. You can make even more of a difference with a smaller amount every month, supporting long-term projects and helping women and girls wherever and whenever that help is needed most. You may find more information on ways to donate in FAQ number 7.
Would you like to know more about National Committees? Please email [ Click to reveal ].