Roadmap to address the interlocking crises of care, jobs, and the environment to achieve the promise of the SDGs
This side event of the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, co-organized by UN Women, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and the International Labour Organization (ILO), will showcase optimal policies, financing strategies, and partnerships that lay the foundation for gender-responsive recovery and achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including putting care for people at the centre of a just and sustainable economy, creating decent work and an adequate standard of living for all, enabling gender-just transitions to sustainable production and consumption, and expansion of fiscal space and macroeconomic policies aligned with social and environmental objectives.
- Armine Yalnizyan, Economist, Atkinson Fellow on the Future of Workers, Member of Canada’s federal Task Force on Women in the Economy
- Gita Sen, Director & Distinguished Professor, Ramalingaswami Centre on Equity & Social Determinants of Health, Public Health Foundation of India
- Busi Sibeko, Researcher, Institute for Economic Justice, South Africa
- Paola Simonetti, Deputy Director, Economic and Social Policy Department, International Trade Union Confederation
- Mariama Williams, Principal, Integrated Policy Research Institute; Director, Institute of Law and Economics, Jamaica
The event will be moderated by UN Women with closing remarks from UNDP and ILO.