UN Women impact stories: Generation Equality
The “UN Women impact stories series”, updated quarterly, illustrates the human impact of UN Women’s work across the world, highlighting the partnerships that make this work possible. These stories share how we and our many partners are striding forward to realize a better world for women and girls—one of equality and empowerment because that is what we do and who we are, as a leader, mobilizer, convenor, and provider of programmes.
The June 2021 edition features six briefs aligned with each of the Generation Equality Action Coalition themes, to mark the Generation Equality Forum in Paris, 30 June – 2 July 2021. The six Action Coalitions are global, innovative, multi-stakeholder partnerships convened by UN Women that are mobilizing governments, civil society, international organizations, and the private sector to deliver tangible impact on gender equality and women and girls’ human rights by 2026.
- Empowering migrant domestic workers in Thailand
- Climate-smart agriculture improves livelihoods of rural women in Mali
- Former women inmates strive for rehabilitation and economic rights in Lebanon
- Championing women and girls in STEM in Kyrgyzstan
- Promoting gender-sensitive adjudication in the Caribbean
- Ensuring the full realization of women and girls’ sexual and reproductive health and rights in Mozambique
Geographic coverage: Africa; Arab States/North Africa; Asia and the Pacific; Europe and Central Asia; Latin America and the Caribbean; Kyrgyzstan; Lebanon; Mali; Mozambique; Thailand; Trinidad and Tobago
Subject area(s): Campaigns; Economic empowerment; Ending violence against women and girls; Gender equality and women’s empowerment; Generation Equality; Governance and national planning; Leadership and political participation; Partnerships
Series: UN Women impact stories series
UN Women office involved in publication: UN Women Headquarters
Publication year: 2021
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)