UN Women impact stories: Women in leadership
The “UN Women impact stories series”, updated quarterly, illustrates the human impact of UN Women’s work across the world, highlighting the partnerships that make this work possible. These stories share how we and our many partners are striding forward to realize a better world for women and girls—one of equality and empowerment because that is what we do and who we are, as a leader, mobilizer, convenor, and provider of programmes.
The March 2021 edition focuses on women in leadership. Women’s full and effective participation and decision-making in public life, as well as the elimination of violence, is crucial to achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls. These stories feature some of the women leaders who are paving the way.
- Rebuilding for peace: Strengthening women’s political participation in Libya
- Women innovators create solutions to stem COVID-19 in India
- Women mayors from rural Moldova speak about how they gained the trust of their citizens
- Indigenous women in Colombia–Ecuador border lead community efforts to end violence against women
- Rewriting Kenya’s laws to work for women and girls
Subject area(s): COVID-19; Economic empowerment; Ending violence against women and girls; Gender equality and women’s empowerment; Governance and national planning; Health; Leadership and political participation; Partnerships
Series: UN Women impact stories series
UN Women office involved in publication: UN Women Headquarters
Publication year: 2021
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)