UN Women impact stories: COVID-19 response
The “UN Women impact stories series”, updated quarterly, illustrates the human impact of UN Women’s work across the world, highlighting the partnerships that make this work possible. These stories share how we and our many partners are striding forward to realize a better world for women and girls—one of equality and empowerment because that is what we do and who we are, as a leader, mobilizer, convenor, and provider of programmes.
The August 2020 edition focuses on UN Women’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. From the moment the pandemic broke, UN Women drew worldwide attention to specific tolls on women and girls. This selection of stories highlights how we and our partners quickly shifted efforts to ensure that women and girls are at the centre of the COVID-19 response.
- As Haiti battles COVID-19, services to protect women and girls with disabilities are critical
- Gender assessments in Europe and Central Asia reveal COVID-19’s devastating impact on women
- Women lead post-cyclone recovery in Bangladesh amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Women peace mediators on the front lines of COVID-19 prevention in refugee settlements in Uganda
- Youth volunteers combat online misinformation on COVID-19 in Arab States
Series: UN Women impact stories series
UN Women office involved in publication: UN Women Headquarters
Publication year: 2020
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)