Gender responsive budgeting in practice: A training manual
This training manual was produced under a UNFPA/UNIFEM strategic partnership aimed at developing a coordinated approach for effective technical assistance to gender-responsive budgeting (GRB). It is intended to build capacity in the application of gender budget analysis. The manual seeks to build understanding of GRB as a tool for promoting gender equity, accountability to women's rights, and efficiency and transparency in budget policies and processes.
The training manual adds value to the wealth of training resources on GRB, first, through a focus on the applicability of gender-responsive budgeting to reproductive health and, second, through a presentation of sector-specific examples and case studies dealing with maternal health, gender and HIV/AIDS, and violence against women.
- Publication in full (en, es, fr)
- CD-ROM of handouts and annexes (en [6.4MB], es [11.6MB], fr [13.4MB])
- Click to download ZIP archive to your hard drive.
- Double-click downloaded ZIP archive to decompress it.
- Navigate to the decompressed folder and double click on the index.html file to open it in your browser.
Resource type: Manuals/guides
UN Women office involved in publication: UN Women Headquarters
Publication year: 2010
Number of pages: 73
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)