UN Women Sourcebook on Women, Peace and Security
This collection of papers is a set of resource materials to support improved implementation of the five WPS resolutions. It consists of analytical documents explaining gender issues in a number of peace and security areas, both normative and operational, and of guidance material to support operational work. It is a second and significantly revised and updated edition of a collection of UN Women papers produced in 2010 to mark the tenth anniversary of resolution 1325 (2000). Half of the documents are published here for the first time.
This sourcebook is a set of topic-specific expert contributions intended for use by both newcomers to the subject and specialists and practitioners seeking briefing and training material. It is suitable as background material for training practitioners on aspects of the WPS.
The sourcebook is divided into five sections:
- overview and frameworks for implementing and monitoring the WPS resolutions,
- women’s engagement in conflict resolution,
- gender-responsive prevention and protection,
- women’s participation in peacebuilding, and
- gender and transitional justice.