Series: Briefs on women and girls with disabilities
This series of briefs addresses a range of issues related to the empowerment of women and girls with disabilities. Building on UN Women’s corporate strategy on the issue, the objective of this series is to analyse and assess global trends across various thematic areas from a perspective of gender-responsive disability inclusion.
Each brief provides a knowledge base to support inclusive programme and policy development as well as advocacy in the area of gender equality and disability inclusion. The briefs draw upon knowledge and expertise across the UN system, civil society, and academia.
This series has been developed by UN Women’s Disabilities Team under the UN System Coordination Division.
- Accessibility audit (2021)
- Addressing exclusion through intersectionality in rule of law, peace, and security context (2020)
- Leadership and political participation of women with disabilities (2019)
- The empowerment of women and girls with disabilities: Towards full and effective participation (2019)
Country support policy briefs
- Meeting basic needs of women and girls with disabilities during COVID-19 (2020)
- Women with disabilities in a pandemic (COVID-19) (2020)
- Women, girls, and gender non-conforming people with disabilities: Know your rights! (2021)
- COVID-19, gender, and disability checklist: Preventing and addressing gender-based violence against women, girls, and gender non-conforming persons with disabilities during the COVID-19 pandemic (2021)
Resource type: Briefs
Publication year: 2019
Publishing entities: United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)