The President of the Executive Board, H.E. Sergiy Kyslytsya, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations, will open the session on 19 June at 10am EDT, together with UN Women Executive Director Sima Bahous, who will deliver her opening remarks.
Over the three days, the Executive Board will consider:
- the report of the UN Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Women on the implementation of the UN Women Strategic Plan 2022–2025,
- the UN Women Executive Board field visit to Ecuador in 2022,
- the evaluation function of UN Women in 2022,
- the corporate evaluation of UN Women’s contribution to women’s economic empowerment,
- the internal audit and investigation activities for 2022,
- the report of the Advisory Committee on Oversight for 2022, and
- UN Women’s related management responses.
The Board will also receive briefings on the draft integrated budget estimates of UN Women for the biennium 2024–2025 and on policy and program matters, including on UN Women’s operational activities in Europe and Central Asia, the implementation of UN General Assembly resolution 72/279 on the repositioning of the United Nations Development System, and an update on UN Women’s policies and procedures to tackle sexual exploitation and abuse and sexual harassment.