UNiTE 2016 song contest
UN Women's regional office in Asia and the Pacific invites you to capture the spirit of the Secretary General’s UNiTE to End Violence against Women Campaign by making your own music video for the UNiTE Campaign Song 2016
Date: 29 November 2016
UN Women and the Embassy of Canada in Thailand invite you to capture the spirit of the Secretary General’s UNiTE to End Violence against Women Campaign by making your own music video for the UNiTE Campaign Song 2016. You are welcome to use the song as is or to sing a cover version of the song in English or in your own language. The video clip should feature your campaign message to end violence against women and girls, and whenever possible, any campaign activities that you and your community have engaged in.
How to enter
- Make a music video clip featuring the UNiTE campaign song. You may use the version of the song provided, sing a cover version of the song or write your own song.
- Upload the clip onto Youtube and accompany it with a description of the theme chosen and shooting location with the hashtag #UNiTEsong, #16Days
- Email the Youtube link to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact details and your country to automatically enter the contest.
- Share your Youtube clip widely with friends and networks. The more views you get, the more likely you will win the prizes!
The general theme is UNiTE: End Violence against Women. Under the general campaign theme, the video clip may also include the following messages:
- Ending violence against women and girls
- Gender equality
- Ending violence against women and girls is everyone’s responsibility
- Respectful relationships between genders
- Healthy masculinity
- Campaign colour which is orange
Participants are encouraged to feature campaign and advocacy activities in their video clips and to portray a sense of hope and optimism.