Michelle Bachelet calls for women’s full participation in politics and the economy during her first official trip to Japan
Date:: 12 November 2012
During her first official visit to Japan, Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Women Michelle Bachelet gave a series of speeches at several high-profile meetings and events.
Read the press release issued prior to Ms. Bachelet's visit.
Find a collection of her speeches here:
- Speech by Michelle Bachelet at Sakai Women's Center
- Press statement by Michelle Bachelet at Nippon Press Centre,Tokyo, Japan
- Lecture by Michelle Bachelet at symposium sponsored by Japan Liaison Conference for the Promotion of Gender Equality
- Speech by Michelle Bachelet at Tokyo Tower lighting ceremony
- Michelle Bachelet remarks at study meeting with UN Women - Development and Women League of Parliamentarians
- Speech by Michelle Bachelet at Japan National Committee for UN Women
- Remarks by Michelle Bachelet at Shibuya Junior and Senior High School Tokyo, Japan
- Speech by Michelle Bachelet at Japan Association of Corporate Executives