UN Women’s Independent Evaluation Office contributes to the oversight of UN Women’s work through its programme of evaluations, notably its series of corporate evaluations. These provide impartial, independent overviews of key areas of UN Women’s work with a view to promoting accountability, learning and performance improvement. The reports of these evaluations are all published, contributing to UN Women’s transparency and accountability as well as to global knowledge.
The Corporate Evaluation Plan, which was approved by the Executive Director and presented to the Executive Board, outlines the corporate evaluations to be managed by the Independent Evaluation Office in the period 2014–2017. The purpose of the plan is to provide a coherent framework within which useful evaluation evidence is generated systematically on the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and, as far as possible, impact and sustainability, of work under the UN Women Strategic Plan 2014–2017. The eventual goal of these evaluations is to support UN Women’s mission and help the organization better achieve gender equality and women empowerment.
As of today, the following corporate evaluations have been managed by the Independent Evaluation Office:
- A unique view of the bigger picture: A meta-analysis of UN Women evaluations in 2016
- Corporate evaluation of UN Women’s strategic partnerships for gender equality and the empowerment of women
- Strengthening organizational structure for delivering gender equality results: Corporate evaluation of the regional architecture of UN Women
- What can we learn from UN Women evaluations? A meta-analysis of evaluations managed by UN Women in 2014 and 2015
- Coordinating for gender equality results: Corporate evaluation of UN Women’s contribution to UN system coordination on gender equality and the empowerment of women
- What can we learn from UN Women evaluations? A meta-analysis of evaluations managed by UN Women in 2014
- Evaluation of UN Women’s normative support work and its operational linkages
- Review of corporate gender equality evaluations in the United Nations system
- Review of policies and practices to promote gender-responsive evaluation systems
- Evaluation of UN Women’s contribution to women’s economic empowerment
- Joint evaluation of joint programmes on gender equality in the United Nations system
- Evaluation on the contribution of UN Women to increasing women’s leadership and participation to peace and security and humanitarian response
- Evaluation on the contribution of UN Women to prevent violence against women and expand access to services