The sixty-seventh session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place from 6 to 17 March 2023.
Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world are invited to contribute to the session.
- Priority theme: Innovation and technological change, and education in the digital age for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls
- Review theme: Challenges and opportunities in achieving gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls (agreed conclusions of the sixty-second session)
The Bureau of the Commission plays a crucial role in facilitating the preparation for, and in ensuring the successful outcome of the annual sessions of the Commission. Bureau members serve for two years. In line with ECOSOC decision 2002/234, the Commission holds the first meeting of its subsequent session, immediately following the closure of the regular session, to elect new members of the Bureau as needed.
The Bureau for the 67th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (2023) comprises the following members:
- H.E. Ms. Mathu Joyini (South Africa), Chair (African States Group)
- H.E. Ms. Antje Leendertse (Germany), Vice-Chair (Western European and Other States Group)
- Mr. Māris Burbergs (Latvia), Vice-Chair (Eastern European States Group)
- H.E. Ms. Maria del Carmen Squeff (Argentina), Vice-Chair designate (Latin American and Caribbean States Group)
- Ms. Chimguundari Navaan-Yunden (Mongolia), Vice-Chair designate (Asia and Pacific States Group)
- Expert Group Meeting: Innovation and technological change, and education in the digital age for achieving gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls
Organization of the Session
The Commission's two-weeks session includes the following activities:
The outcome of the Commission’s consideration of the priority theme during its 67th session will take the form of agreed conclusions, to be negotiated by all Member States.
Registration for CSW67 will be open for ECOSOC accredited NGOs from 7 October 2022 till 27 January 2023. Please visit the Registration page for more information.