UN Women has been made aware of various correspondences—circulated via e-mail, websites, social media, regular mail, or facsimile—falsely stating that they are issued by, or in association with UN Women, the United Nations and/or its officials. These scams, which may seek to obtain money and/or in many cases personal details from the recipients of such correspondence, are fraudulent.
UN Women wishes to warn the public at large about these fraudulent activities being perpetrated purportedly in the name of the organization, and/or its officials.
Please note that:
- UN Women does not charge a fee at any stage of its staff recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, visa or other fee). Go to www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment/ to see the latest career opportunities with UN Women.
- UN Women does not charge a fee at any stage of its procurement process (supplier registration, bids submission or other fee). Go to www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/procurement/ to see the latest business opportunities with UN Women.
- UN Women does not charge a fee at any stage of the Goodwill Ambassador appointment process.
- UN Women does not request or issue personal bank cheques, Money Grams, Western Union or any other type of money transfer at any stage of its procurement or recruitment processes.
- UN Women does not request any information related to bank accounts or other private information prior to formal registration as a vendor.
- UN Women does not offer prizes, awards, funds, certificates, scholarships or conduct lotteries through e-mail, mail or fax.
We strongly recommend that recipients of solicitations to apply for positions or engage in procurement exercises exercise caution regarding such solicitations. Financial loss and identity theft can result from the transfer of money or personal information to those issuing such fraudulent correspondence. UN Women is not responsible for any such loss or theft. Victims of scams may wish to report them to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Not an official document. For information only.