Calendar of Side Events
NGOs with valid UN grounds passes need not indicate prior interest in attending events unless specified by event sponsors. Side events on UN premises are not ticketed this year unless they are by invitation only.
Monday, 10 March 2014
- Women Deliver, The Permanent Mission of Denmark to the United Nations, in support of Every Woman Every ChildInvesting in Girls and Women: Everyone WinsContact: rpagano[at]womendeliver.org
By invitation only
- UNGEI, UNESCO EFA-GMR, UNICEF, Education International, PlanTo 2015 and beyond: Putting Girls' Education at the Heart of the AgendaContact: adosreis[at]unicef.org
No reserved seating for this event. Please arrive 15 minutes early. Capacity of 150.
- Canada, Malawi, Zambia, PLAN InternationalLessons learned in country: How to end child, early and forced marriageContact: PRMNYRSVP[at]international.gc.ca
- The United Nations Committee of the International Psychoanalytical AssociationEquality - What can women do with the resources they have?
- Thailand, Australia, Rwanda, Indonesia, DPKO/DFSIncreasing Women's Contribution to Peace and SecurityContact: mita.thaimission[at]gmail.com
Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- The government of Australia and the World Bank GroupWomen's economic opportunities: Unpaid care and beyondContact: kgalvin[at]worldbankgroup.orgNo more reservations
Passes will only be distributed to guests who have received confirmation of their attendance from Kate Galvin of the World Bank Group (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will need to send your full name for registration. Further details in regards to pass collection will be provided to those who register.
- IPU and UN Women"At the crossroads of sustainable development and gender equality: the role of parliaments"Contact: mds[at]ipu.org
No RSVP needed. Observer CSOs are allowed in the designated section
- EU with Denmark, Peru, the Philippines and UN womenWhat women bring to sustainable development: building on MDGs achievements and gaps to create new opportunities and face common challenges?Contact: Jelena.Vujic[at]eeas.europa.eu
- GermanyEqual Pay DayEvent starts at 1.00pm!
- IPU and UN Women"At the crossroads of sustainable development and gender equality: the role of parliaments"No RSVP needed. Observer CSOs are allowed in the designated section.
- El Salvador, Montage Initiative, The Le Menach FoundationIn Our Right Minds ~ Guiding Women To Their Strength As Leaders, Leading Men To Strength Without ArmorContact: jwatkins[at]MontageInitiative.org
Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Millennium Campaign and WAGGGSThe World We Want for Girls: From the MDGs to post-2015Contact: amy[at]wagggs.org
- Nordic Council of MinistersPromoting Gender Equality and Empowering Women and Girls through EducationContact: unmission[at]mfa.is
R.S.V.P. to email@example.com no later than 10 March 2014
- Government of Finland, ILOEqual pay for work of equal valueContact: NEWYORK[at]ilo.org
Thursday, 13 March 2014
- Denmark, United States of AmericaThe Equal Futures Partnership: Addressing the Impact of Gender-Based Violence on Women's Economic and Political Participation(please use 45th Street entrance)
Space is limited; please RSVP here before March 6.
- El Salvador, Malawi, Global Alliance for Women's Health, Virginia Lee Clark FoundationSymposium: "Driving Down Maternal Deaths through Evidence-Based Policy and Technology: Anemia, Postpartnum Hemorrhage and Digital Medicine"
- The governments of Germany and Malaysia"Beyond 2015: Due Diligence Framework to End Violence against Women"
- Nordic Council of MinistersDo Everything - Break Stereotypes when Choosing Education and WorkContact: unmission[at]mfa.is
R.S.V.P. to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11 March 2014
- Permanent Mission of The Bahamas to the United Nations/Ministry of Social Services and Community Development of The Bahamas & UN-WomenScreening of the film "Womanish Ways, Freedom, Human Rights & Democracy The Women's Suffrage Movement in The Bahamas 1948-1962" followed by Q&A segment with producer, writer and director, Ms. Marion BethelContact: sdixon[at]bahamasny.com
Kindly RSVP as seating is limited
Friday, 14 March 2014
- Permanent Mission of Jamaica; Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, IncDelta Day at the UN: Economic Empowerment and Opportunities for Women and GirlsContact: rblawrence85[at]yahoo.comNo more reservations
Monday, 17 March 2014
- AustraliaIndependent musical/stage productionContact: john.olenich[at]dfat.gov.au
Tuesday, 18 March 2014
- U.S. Mission to the UNWomen Helping CommunitiesContact: herrerak[at]state.gov
Founder & Director, Turning Point for Women & Families
Founder & former Director, Sadie Nash Leadership Project
Founder & former Director, Global Kids
And youth leaders from the three organizations
RSVP with name and affiliation to Kathleen Herrera at email@example.com
- NorwayTHE GLASS CEILING. CRACKED BUT UNBROKEN: A panel discussion on gender and smart economyContact: Carina.Alm[at]mfa.no
Representatives of Member States, Observers, UN agencies and NGOs are cordially invited. Please RSVP to the event, but note that a grounds pass or ticket is not needed to attend
Wednesday, 19 March 2014
- El Salvador Mission Engr Aja Eze FoundationWomen's Participation in Building Bridges and a culture of PeaceContact: ugojiaeze[at]gmail.com
- Permanent Mission of Bangladesh, Global Education First Initiative, UNESCOGirls' Education: Effective tool for empowermentContact: bangladeshun[at]yahoo.com
- Permanent Mission of Romania to the UNThe Treshold of the Desert - Screening and Seminar on Women´s Empowerment in the MENA Region