Join the conversation for International Women’s Day, #IWD2014!
- Main hashtags: #IWD2014 (#DíadelaMujer, #Journéedelafemme); #HeforShe
- Main Twitter accounts: @UN_Women (English), @ONUMujeres (Spanish), @ONUFemmes (French)
- Main Facebook accounts: UN Women (English), ONU Mujeres (Spanish), ONU Femmes (French)
- Other accounts: Google+, Pinterest, Instagram
- UN Women is launching the campaign #HeforShe, which highlights the liberating aspect of equality and the importance of changing the concept of masculinity to achieve gender equality. It highlights the voices of men leaders standing up for gender equality. Check out some of the images with quotes from prominent men in our Flickr stream below.
- A social media package with all images and sample promotional messages in English, Spanish and French is available here.
- Official commemoration at UN Headquarters New York: “Equality for women is progress for all”, 7 March, 12 – 1pm EST. Watch the live webcast here and follow the live tweeting from @UN_Women and the hashtag #IWD2014.
- Follow a Twitter chat with @PathfinderInt, @GirlsNotBrides and @UN_Women on 7 March, 2-3pm EST. The hashtag is #womendare.
Check out our Flickr stream of #HeforShe images:
@un_women, @onumujeres, @onufemmes, @phumzileunwomen, @sayno_unite on Twitter
UN Women, ONU Mujeres, ONU Femmes, Say NO - UNiTE on Facebook
UN Women on Google+
UN Women on Instagram
UN Women on Pinterest
UN Women on LinkedIn