CSW67 written statement submission
Submission of written statements for CSW67 is now closed. Statement submission was open for NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC from 23 September to 14 October 2022.
NGOs in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) may submit one individual statement per organization and may sign on to multiple joint statements. NGOs are strongly encouraged to submit joint statements in collaboration with other NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC.
To submit a written statement, please follow these instructions:
- Written statements by organizations in general consultative status with ECOSOC may not exceed 2,000 words including the cover page; statements by organizations in special consultative status with ECOSOC may not exceed 1,500 words including the cover page.
- Written statements may be submitted in one of the official languages of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) and will be published on the CSW website in the language received, closer to the session.
If you are not able to use the provided MS-Word template, you may alternatively copy-paste the text of your statement into the body of your submission email (see section on submission below).
- Cover page:
- Insert the name of the submitting organization where indicated on the cover page of the template. Please do not change the other elements of the cover page.
- If you are submitting a joint statement, add the names of the submitting organizations in alphabetical order on the cover page.
- Ensure that the name of your organization (and of other NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC) is referenced as contained in the official list of non-governmental organizations in consultative status with ECOSOC.
- Statement text:
- Insert the text of your statement in the text section (starting on page 2) of the template.
- Do not use footnotes, end notes or web links. Please incorporate all information into the text of the statement.
- If the statement is endorsed by other NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC, add a note at the end of the document to this effect. (The names of the NGOs should be in alphabetical order). Please note that only organizations in consultative status with ECOSOC may endorse your statement.
- Avoid using abbreviations and acronyms. (For a list of permissible acronyms, please consult the UN Editorial Manual. The acronyms on this list can be used if spelled out in the first instance). All other acronyms, including the acronym for the Commission on the Status of Women ("CSW") and for your organization are not allowed in written statements.
- Do not include contact details or information of the submitter or any other individuals in your statement text. Any references to individuals will be removed from your final submission.
- Identify key ideas that you would like to address; introduce these ideas in the first sentence or paragraph of your statement.
- Avoid repetition. Keep statements clear, simple and to the point.
- To make reading effortless, organize material by applying the principle of one thought per paragraph.
- Verify references to titles and dates of United Nations events and conferences.
- Avoid the use of quotations.
For questions concerning the submission process, please contact [ Click to reveal ]